ATX Community

NT "Gross" Receipts

Abby Normal

Years ago I had a client bring in a box of receipts that he'd spilled a full cup of coffee on. Not a one of them was legible. Gave 'em back and told him to do his best to figure it out because he didn't make enough to pay me to do it! He came back later with hand-written totals.

• Like 6

I think I told this already

or the trucker with 2 paper bags of everything!! including receipts I did not want to know about and 2 pair of dirty underwear!! and hi ssiter came to retrieve them!

Sorry - went to the trash

but the worst is the one that the cat got wet!! eeeww - made copies and threw originals away.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

This thread brings back fond memories of a client from the early 1980's.  He was partially disabled, but a very proud, independent type.  He owned a large truck from his working days and to earn a little extra money he would haul livestock to market for local farmers.  Never earned very much profit but he wanted to "pay his fair share" because he was receiving a small disability payment.  I admired his integrity.  Each year he brought me his records - a calendar kept in his truck for writing down his mileage and hauling fees.

Needless to say, after a year of being carried in the cab as he loaded, hauled, and unloaded animals, the calendar was something that needed to be handled "with care".   Especially since it might have occasionally fallen on the floor. (Don't ask me how I know that) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...