ATX Community

NT - the difference of a split second

schirallicpa

My daughter was in a car accident yesterday.  Anyone looking at the mess it made out of her car would never believe in a thousand years that she walked away unharmed.  The other driver had dozed off and crossed the yellow line on a bridge.  With no where to go, she accelerated enough so that he hit the back of her car.  This spun her around and she travel sideways and backwards off the bridge off the side of the road - and fortunately not the side with the drop off.  The truck continued into a field below the bridge.  He too was not harmed. 

We get so deep in numbers and papers this time of year.  I wanted to take a moment and remind us of the importance of each other here and at home.  I don't even know half the names of people on this forum, but I consider you part of my extended family.  

In my prayers of thanks for the life of my daughter, I will also pray for all of you - for your safety as you travel and for peace as you wind up this tax season.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Holy moly molly molinski!

Praise God that your daughter walked away from that accident unharmed - and that she had presence of mind to accelerate to try to get out of the way. Her guardian angel was certainly hard at work yesterday!

Yes, people first.   I have a lot of disagreements with Suze Orman, but years ago she said, "People first, then money, then things" and that is an order I can generally accept (I'd put God first, but setting Him aside as a given, her order is correct).  I have a couple of online groups that I consider friends and extended family; this group being one of them.  I need to step up my prayers for all of you, as well.  Just sent a group prayer up for you all, with a special note for schirallicpa and daughter.

• Like 7

What a scary event ending with a blessing!  Cars are replaceable things and down in the ranks, as Catherine said.  Ever since I've had employees and still with clients I've always said, "Family First."  Everything else can wait for family matters whether that family is by birth or by choice. 

Thanks, schirallicpa and Catherine, for lifting us all.  Now breathe, take the time YOU need to process.  And give extra hugs...

• Like 5

Thank God she is ok! Sending prayers and hugs. I so appreciate this forum too. 

My daughter had someone hit her from behind last week while stopped at an

intersection waiting to turn on Route 13 in Ithaca on her way home from work at

Cornell. Person not paying attention and on a cell phone. Her Tacoma has $7K

in damages, but she is ok, and no injuries for either party. Most grateful. 

• Like 7

My older daughter got T-boned a couple months ago. Car totaled but thankfully she was fine. Mom with kid in car ran a red light. First we knew a cop car from the next town over pulled up in front of our house; OD got out and rang the bell! Cop got permission to drive her to us; I took her home. Shook up but fine, thank God. Hard part was finding a new car with all the supply chain nonsense. She got lots of hugs before I drove her home.

• Like 6

I'm so glad that nobody was hurt badly in any of these accidents. I am so grateful for all of you. I don't have any local tax preparer friends left after 43 years in this field. They are either dead, retired or decided to change careers. I learn tons from my classes, but this group and a few fb groups have taught me so much more and it seems to stick. I also have learned that my family comes first. I have great clients and they mostly feel the same as I do about families. Hugs!

Bonnie

• Like 5

This time of year is all-consuming for some of us.  It causes us to occasionally (maybe more than occasionally) lose sight of what really matters.  We move through life thinking "it will never happen to me".  The fact is, it can and it does.  I'm happy to know your daughter is doing well.  Best wishes to her and her car.  Sounds like she'll be in the market for a new one. 

• Like 6

it is all too easy us to forget make sure we take time for ourselves, family, and friends this time of year.  Two close friends of mine passed away from cancer a couple of weeks ago, reminding me that time away from family and friends can never be recovered.

Off to my granddaughter's Easter chorus recital in a couple of minutes.  The rest can wait.

• Like 5