ATX Community

Already made up my mind

Booger

(GEE, Hope this post doesn't get erased by the self-appointed NAZI moderator)

After doing 1/2 of the returns with ATX and 1/2 with Drake, I'm sticking with ATX.

Granted, CCH's Customer Support wasn't anyting to write home about, the software

worked excellently. And isn't that what we all need?

I'll be reading what you all find out about that $299 software, but doesn't anybody

think that if it's as good as ATX they would be charging more for it?

Booger

I'll be reading what you all find out about that $299 software, but doesn't anybody

think that if it's as good as ATX they would be charging more for it?

I've used it this year. It certainly isn't as comprehensive as ATX, but it gets the job done in most cases. In some areas it's actually superior to ATX because it isn't spreadsheet based. That means things like client letters, EIN and zip-code databases, etc. are easier to implement and work better.

As to the price, you can pay more if you care to. The software sold by TRX (the $299 vendor) is simply a rebranded version of OrrTax. You can buy OrrTax directly thru their salesmen who can no doubt give you various discounts off the much higher list prices.

(GEE, Hope this post doesn't get erased by the self-appointed NAZI moderator)

That's self-appointed fascist forum administrator. Out of 17,000+ posts, those two were the only ones I've removed. If you've got a problem with my decision to remove them, send me a PM.

Booger,

You are an ignorant and juvenile detractor. You have contributed less than nothing to this board. Your stupid little comments which you think are funnny do nothing for me.

If it was not for erc this board would not exist and we would have been left in total darkness.

It has been your apparant goal to add dissension to this board in hopes to destroy it. This board has done more to support ATX users than the CCH corporate bigwigs with their gestapo tactics. Why don't you just go stay on the ATX Community board "resurrected" and do your "funny little thing".

cred

I'm staying out of it other than to say that Booger was one of the first posters on the "Official ATX Board", so I have been wondering for a while now what his game is. He has been playing one board against the other which is totally unnecessary. Could we not end the official tax season on a happy note? Many of us will be around throughout the year in some capacity or other. This has been such a friendly and good experience. Let's keep it that way.

Everyone seemed to be getting along until yesterday when the Booger-man decided to make some offensive comments about another forum user's appearance and directly called the person ugly. THOSE 2 postings by Booger yesterday were the UGLIEST things on this board. And thanks to Eric, the posts have been deleted.

I'm staying out of it other than to say that Booger was one of the first posters on the "Official ATX Board", so I have been wondering for a while now what his game is. He has been playing one board against the other which is totally unnecessary. Could we not end the official tax season on a happy note? Many of us will be around throughout the year in some capacity or other. This has been such a friendly and good experience. Let's keep it that way.

Don't let this forum degenerate and force the good ones to leave. Whatever anyone's intentions are or were, we are all here to learn and help. Please "keep it that way."

Don't let this forum degenerate and force the good ones to leave. Whatever anyone's intentions are or were, we are all here to learn and help. Please "keep it that way."

Most of us here are accountants/tax preparers...and the world knows that usually we are not the funniest of people....So when one of us attempts to bring levity to the table, it is not always done so sucessfully. I would never condone inappropriate posts, but would say that innapproprate posts may not indicate an bad person so much as just a failed attempt at levity.

....That aside.....I still think Frikkin bananas rule!

Personally I don't really care what one person or another says, as I find it easy to just skip over posts that don't interest me or that I find not to my taste or liking. But rather than jump into a name-calling contest or speculate about someone else's motives, just keep in mind that it's possible to filter out posts form anyone who offends you. It's an option under "My Controls".

Adiditonally, I'd again like to thank Eric for the excellent job he has done and continues to do in setting up this Forum and keeping it operating. I made another contribution last week and hope others will continue to be mindful of the fact that it costs money to keep this thing going. It's a genuine lifeline, and it's unique because no coroprate nitwit can pull the plug on it at the 11th hour. That has value far beyond the little bit of money I've contributed.

Personally I don't really care what one person or another says, as I find it easy to just skip over posts that don't interest me or that I find not to my taste or liking. But rather than jump into a name-calling contest or speculate about someone else's motives, just keep in mind that it's possible to filter out posts form anyone who offends you. It's an option under "My Controls".

Adiditonally, I'd again like to thank Eric for the excellent job he has done and continues to do in setting up this Forum and keeping it operating. I made another contribution last week and hope others will continue to be mindful of the fact that it costs money to keep this thing going. It's a genuine lifeline, and it's unique because no coroprate nitwit can pull the plug on it at the 11th hour. That has value far beyond the little bit of money I've contributed.

You stated that very well.....I really did not realize how much I enjoyed and actually NEEDED the forum and all of you until it was so crually ripped from us last year....My thanks also to Eric for providing a venue for us "like-minded" people to hang out, share, and learn

First of all, let me APOLOGIZE to the lady poster who I INSULTED with my attempt

at humor.

Secondly, I have used this board all tax season and have gleamed alot of useful

info from all the other users. I have also answered questions of other posters.

Thirdly, when I spend alot of time with people on this website I take it

for granted that they KNOW when I'm joking. Obviously, I was mistaken.

I will NOT attempt any humor on this board in the future, just so I don't offend

anybody.

I will act as the professional that I am....PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE APOLOGY.

Michael DeNoewer, CPA (AKA Booger)

"but would say that inappropriate posts may not indicate an bad person so much as just a failed attempt at levity."

My nerves are very exposed today. It is very easy to be offended and, conversely, be offensive. Janitor Bob has made two beautiful attempts to smooth this over. The young lady that Booger commented on appears well capable of defending herself. I will end with two comments.

1. To any and all that I may have offended, My most abject apologies.

2. Play nice ! ! !

Zeke

First of all, let me APOLOGIZE to the lady poster who I INSULTED with my attempt

at humor.

I will NOT attempt any humor on this board in the future, just so I don't offend

anybody.

Good man, Michael. Everyone please be advised that I am often a little "dense" and I fail to see the tongue in cheek. Jainen's dry wit often leaves me scratching my head.

Zeke

First let me say that other than reading Booger's posts, I don't know him.

Then I need to add, Booger is always making some post at an attempt at humor, something he usually pulls off well. Something that lightens up this board.

Although Booger, sometimes it might help if you give accurate answers to others questions. I saw at least one time when you gave an answer, recieved a "Thank You" from someone that does not frequent this board with the frequency you , or even I do for that matter (I am not here as much as you). My guess is that this person did not see your later response indicating that your answer was a joke. Maybe add a little "LOL' or "JK" when you're joking might help.

Still, i is refreshing to see Booger's posts, and they add a flavor to this board.

Those reading my post here should know I read Booger's posts before they were removed. Booger's comments were an obvious attempt at humor although this time it was in bad taste and did not go over well.

Amy aka biznester the person Booger made the comments about was and is well capable of defending herself, but it was still good to see others come to her defense.

Sorry Booger I also agree that this time Eric should have deleted the posts, and that this should have been left to drop. Amy was clearly offended and rightfully so. Even after your apology, it supports her better that those comments are gone. And now we have another whole post on this, much of which has been spent on bashing you and rehashing things that should have been left where they were, especially since you realized your attempt at humor was in bad taste and offensive to Amy.

As for the Nazi comment, I agree with Jeanne. As a fellow Jew, that is more offensive than any insult or any other 4 letter word. Please don't use it as an insult, or an attempt at humor. 6 million of my people went the their deaths by Nazis, most in the most horrible and brutal of ways. So many were used as lab rats and had things done to them that as American's we would not allow to be done to a lab rat. My own family had the numbers tattooed on their arms from their time in the concentration camps. You can not ever imagine the horrors they went through. Its not something to jest about.

For those of you that are bashing Booger and asking for his removal, Give him a Break. He tries to make the season a little light for all of us. He is going to fail once in a while.

As for Eric

Great Job! and Thanks for the Board!

Joel

at humor.

anybody.

One more thing Michael AKA Booger. I for one want you to keep up the humor, admit when you made a mistake and try not to directly offend someone.

And btw, you did not offend me by usng the word Nazi, but it still a term to stay away from!

Joel

Joel