ATX Community

Done, and thank you all!

jklcpa

A handful of extensions have been filed and 3 returns waiting on signatures in order to efile, and those will be in today.

It's been a harrowing couple of weeks trying to get caught back up after losing days of time because of husband being hospitalized for a few days mid-March and then working day and night on about 3-4 hrs of sleep a night since then. 

I'll be around here to help where I'm able over these next few days, and of course the rest of the year.

I want to express my sincere appreciation to every member that selflessly contributes to help others on here. I learn a lot from reading all the posts and seeing the ways that you all approach some issues differently than I would.  You all are amazing and are what makes this such a great site!  For me, it is also a needed distraction at times too.  Thank you all for another great season.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7

This site has been very helpful to me over the years.  More so than another site which I think has a bunch of legal beagle types.  I always try to get my extensions done a week before the deadline.  It seems every year, I just hit the wall and can't get much done the last week.  I usually start cutting down my hours even before the deadline.

• Like 7

Seeing its Easter weekend, we decided the 15th is our last day.   Have 50 extensions to send, not counting ones that show up today.  Will take a week off, then get them done.  Hope to have all picked up by the end of April, but you know how that goes.   🙄

• Like 7

Just finished the last of my extensions.  Considering they're folks who just got me their info in the last week, I didn't even bother with having to get their signatures to e-file the 4868, I just gave them all the vouchers and told them to write checks.
I do still have a bunch I need to print and compile, but those can wait til Sunday or Monday.  Next year I'm going to move everyone to getting their final copies via the portal, except that I have a lot of older folks who don't have printers and/or can't handle the portal.
Taking the rest of next week off, then I'll finish up extensions and get back to boring old accounting.
Hope everyone has a great summer!

• Like 4

A million thanks to you, Judy, for managing this site so well and giving so generously of your time and effort.  It certainly beats hands down any other tax discussion site on the web and it's all due to you.

I hope your husband has recovered well and that you get the rest and relaxation you so deserve.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Judy, don’t know what we would do without you.  Sending your husband healing vibes, wishing him good health.

I’m trying to finish up since 4 am so I could have a normal weekend, not really working out with difficult people.  I think I went catatonic for a minute today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, a big thank you to @jklcpa and to @Eric for keeping the site going and moderating!  Also thanks to everyone here who chimes in with ideas, questions, cites, solutions, and more-problematic angles we miss in our postings.  Couldn't do it without you all.

As a practice (and it's in my tax season letter every year) all extensions go in the first week of April. Then the pressure's off.  If someone owes, and I get to it before the deadline, they get a coupon or directions to Direct Pay (or appropriate state site).  If they don't, it might teach them to get papers in before my drop-off deadline next time.  Gotta be hard-nosed, or these clients will procrastinate us into an early grave.  Take care of yourselves; there are tons of clients out there, but only one of each of us!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Judy - you are awesome!  Everyone on this forum is awesome!!

I have more extensions than ever.  Back in mid-Feb I thought I was a little behind in people coming in.  Early March I was kinda wondering if people had forgotten about taxes this year.  Early April - everybody and their frickin' brother shows up.  UGH.  and every year I say I will not do this any more and find some other career.  But I know that soooo many people rely on me and there are some returns I have done for all 22 years I've been in this office.  But I really need to find better help.  That little dog in my Avatar just doesn't do his fare share.

Anyway - I should be busy for quite a while more.  But no more weekends, and no more getting home late.

Happy Easter everyone!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, schirallicpa said:

Judy - you are awesome!  Everyone on this forum is awesome!!

I have more extensions than ever.  Back in mid-Feb I thought I was a little behind in people coming in.  Early March I was kinda wondering if people had forgotten about taxes this year.  Early April - everybody and their frickin' brother shows up.  UGH.  and every year I say I will not do this any more and find some other career.  But I know that soooo many people rely on me and there are some returns I have done for all 22 years I've been in this office.  But I really need to find better help.  That little dog in my Avatar just doesn't do his fare share.

Anyway - I should be busy for quite a while more.  But no more weekends, and no more getting home late.

Happy Easter everyone!!!!!

Pretty much the same here.  Am working on Easter Sunday just because I have a client who is terrified of the IRS.  Born and raised in Poland.  Also, he is a Priest.  Bless his heart.  I know he is praying for me today.

• Like 3

I had a long-time "problem client" call this morning. Wanted to bring all her crap down and wait while I did her return.  Told her she was already on extension and she could come next week.  She was disappointed not to come today, but then said it would be okay because she could then go through the stuff that wasn't ready yet and have it ready for next week.

She has already been told that she needs to go elsewhere for next year.

• Like 4