ATX Community

Pay for NY Extension Online

Lion EA

I have a client that’s been trying to pay for his NY extension at https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/extension_payment_options.htm
and is being chased around in circles telling him to open an account, but then telling him he has an account, and redirecting him to open an account…

Anyone else hear of any NY online problems? A different link?

Hi Ms. Lion, if you have his previous year return, you can add him/her to you own TAX.NY.GOV master account and pay it.   Or, he/she needs to call the state.  It is very confusing because NY put multiple accounts with same access, so if they have business express, or any other accounts, use same email, the tax.ny.gov will say they already have accounts.  Thank you!

I have only a handful of NY clients (and since 9/11, fewer NY commuters and fewer NY residents) so don't have my own TAX.NY.GOV master account. Plus I'd be very uncomfortable paying a client's tax.

That sounds like his problem. He said he had to open a DMV account when they moved into NYC from CT. He was calling NY this morning...

Thank you Katherine. Client is still on hold with NY.

Is opening a TAX.NY.GOV master account a quick and easy task? Maybe I should do that.

Although, I can't open an e-Services account, because the IRS says there is "something in my account." They will not discuss it further with me, because they say my cell is NOT in my name (AT&T tells me it IS in my name, the bill is in my name, and I had it before I was married so whose name would it be in, anyway?!).

I really hate governments.

• Like 1