ATX Community

Undefined Charge

Christian

I have just received an email from ATX listing a charge which I don't owe. On checking my account it is listed as undefined. The only additional charge I ever owe is when I exceed the fixed efile limit and they were fully paid last year. A call to accounts receivable department advised they would get back in 48 hours or so. Has anyone else received anything like this. Normally I pay in full on reordering my software in May and if any additional fees are due for any efiles they are promptly paid. I surely hope this does not presage any problems in this regard.

Hi Christian

I have the same issue. I looked at my credit card statement last night and there were two charges from ATX.  One I know about and that was due to having to purchase an extra state. ( I use the 1040 pkg. which allows for 3 ).

At any rate, there was another charge which I cannot identify and I too called the A/R department only to get the same message, " we will get back to you in 48 to 72 hours"

5 hours ago, Christian said:

I have just received an email from ATX listing a charge which I don't owe. On checking my account it is listed as undefined. The only additional charge I ever owe is when I exceed the fixed efile limit and they were fully paid last year. A call to accounts receivable department advised they would get back in 48 hours or so. Has anyone else received anything like this. Normally I pay in full on reordering my software in May and if any additional fees are due for any efiles they are promptly paid. I surely hope this does not presage any problems in this regard.

You are going to be sent to collections 😂 

• Haha 1

I had to pull some credit card statements for 2021. Normally ATX charges for any email overages in a timely manner. It does appear they missed a couple. I never receive a bill from them as they are authorized to deduct the $5.00 or so which my card folks advise me of. I don't have any email charges for this year so the charge comes from 2021 for TY 2020. Hey ILLMAS can I get a loan ? 😄

@Christian you are on to something, someone posted this on Facebook:

ATX is back to double Billing for processing prior year returns.  Watch your account closely.  Also they double charged my credit card on file and it has now been over two weeks since I logged a ticket and still no refund.  Also all you can do is leave a voicemail with Accounts Receivable and they do not return calls!!!  Oh and did I mention my sales rep keeps calling on my renewal but yet can’t seem to do anything either other than try and sell me another year!!!😡
I have been a customer over 20 years now!!!  Absolutely rediculous!

• Like 2

On 4/28/2022 at 10:40 AM, Christian said:

I had to pull some credit card statements for 2021. Normally ATX charges for any email overages in a timely manner. It does appear they missed a couple. I never receive a bill from them as they are authorized to deduct the $5.00 or so which my card folks advise me of. I don't have any email charges for this year so the charge comes from 2021 for TY 2020. Hey ILLMAS can I get a loan ? 😄

What is an email  overage?

• 2 weeks later...