ATX Community

Are the Quick books rumors true?

JackieCPA

I received this email on 5/2/2022 does look like Desktop was just moved to life support:

Updates: QuickBooks Desktop Payroll

We are reaching out to provide advance notice of availability to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll products.

QuickBooks Desktop Payroll is simplifying its product lineup. These changes allow us to sharpen our focus on delivering what we believe to be the best online payroll products going forward.

Product changes impacting accountants:
As of June 1, 2022, we will no longer be offering new purchases of Enhanced Payroll for Accountants, and it will no longer be offered as part of the QuickBooks Desktop ProAdvisor Software Bundle. This change only impacts new purchases and does not impact current subscription and renewal. Existing users will be able to continue their active subscription, and this change will not affect their ability to use the product or get support.

If one of your accountant colleagues is looking for a new payroll service to support their clients, they may consider QuickBooks Online Payroll.1

Product changes impacting your clients:
Effective June 1, 2022, we will no longer be offering new purchases of QuickBooks Desktop Assisted Payroll, unless it's part of the QuickBooks Enterprise Diamond bundle which includes Assisted Payroll. Existing Assisted Payroll users will continue their active subscription and this change will not affect their ability to use the product or get support.

Share your feedback
Please take a moment to tell us what you think of these changes and what you would like to see included in future versions of QuickBooks Payroll products.

Thank you for your partnership and for your dedication to your clients.

The QuickBooks Payroll Team

Support wise, likely easier to maintain a web based app, once mature. Of course, data entry is slower and there are outages (both ends) to deal with. Plus, not having direct control over data (which also means the user cannot make it disappear).

Many prefer desktop for control and speed reasons. Some still don’t have more than bad DSL connections (😁just setup Starlink here a few minutes ago).

Web based does make the user hardware moot, which has advantages.

I get many requests from those who do not want web based apps. 

• Like 1

Just become a pro-advisor and you will have access to every QB out there, I have clients that use different versions of QB and I hate it, but having that elite membership (gets expensive every year) allows me to download whatever version I need. 

I received that, also, but thought that since I am already a 

21 hours ago, b#tax said:

I received this email on 5/2/2022 does look like Desktop was just moved to life support:

Updates: QuickBooks Desktop Payroll

We are reaching out to provide advance notice of availability to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll products.

QuickBooks Desktop Payroll is simplifying its product lineup. These changes allow us to sharpen our focus on delivering what we believe to be the best online payroll products going forward.

Product changes impacting accountants:
As of June 1, 2022, we will no longer be offering new purchases of Enhanced Payroll for Accountants, and it will no longer be offered as part of the QuickBooks Desktop ProAdvisor Software Bundle. This change only impacts new purchases and does not impact current subscription and renewal. Existing users will be able to continue their active subscription, and this change will not affect their ability to use the product or get support.

If one of your accountant colleagues is looking for a new payroll service to support their clients, they may consider QuickBooks Online Payroll.1

Product changes impacting your clients:
Effective June 1, 2022, we will no longer be offering new purchases of QuickBooks Desktop Assisted Payroll, unless it's part of the QuickBooks Enterprise Diamond bundle which includes Assisted Payroll. Existing Assisted Payroll users will continue their active subscription and this change will not affect their ability to use the product or get support.

Share your feedback
Please take a moment to tell us what you think of these changes and what you would like to see included in future versions of QuickBooks Payroll products.

Thank you for your partnership and for your dedication to your clients.

The QuickBooks Payroll Team

This change only impacts new purchases and does not impact current subscription and renewal. Existing users will be able to continue their active subscription, and this change will not affect their ability to use the product or get support.

I received that email and hope that I will still receive it, since I am already a Pro Advisor. I just need access to the different versions. I look forward to never doing payroll or dealing with QuickBooks again.

• Like 1