ATX Community

Taxwise or Drake Reseller Sigma Tax Pro

b#tax

They have been out there for a number of years. I don't know anyone who has ever used them.

I read a post on another site where a user said they  paid $991 for Drake last year thru this reseller.

Going thru a reseller may mean you have to rely on them for support, not the software provider.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Just a helpful update, I moved from Taxwise to Ultimate Tax Software, who is a reseller of Taxwise and saved a bundle. Tax season was great and much easier to get ahold of live support, which only used for two issues. Still have the limitations of Taxwise which are slow to roll out updates for states. Now I need to find a PPR software that supports k-2, k-3 and AAR filing for a correction on a partnership return to finish off the year. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 10:12 AM, b#tax said:

Just a helpful update, I moved from Taxwise to Ultimate Tax Software, who is a reseller of Taxwise and saved a bundle. Tax season was great and much easier to get ahold of live support, which only used for two issues. Still have the limitations of Taxwise which are slow to roll out updates for states. Now I need to find a PPR software that supports k-2, k-3 and AAR filing for a correction on a partnership return to finish off the year. 

What do you mean they are a reseller of Taxwise? Is it the taxwise program?

28 minutes ago, M7047 said:

What do you mean they are a reseller of Taxwise? Is it the taxwise program?

Yes - Ultimate Tax is a full reseller of Taxwise. I have been using Taxwise since 1994. Finally switched from buying it from CCH to Ultimate Tax and saved a bundle. Software is identical with the exception of the home page has different quicklinks.  Customer support is fast. You still will encounter reps that don't have state specific knowledge but what software company has people who can keep track of all state changes? 

On 5/5/2022 at 7:12 PM, b#tax said:

Anyone have any experience using Sigma Tax Pro which claim they are a reseller of both Taxwise and Drake? 

How are they able to sell the original software cheaper? Why would you want to switch from Ultimate Tax to Sigma Tax? Did you have a problem with Ultimate? Sorry for all the questions, but I've never heard of such a thing. I'm a small business looking to cut costs without cutting off my nose in the process.

Thanks!

Basically Tax Software companies like Drake and Taxwise sell their software at a big discount to these resellers

since it's additional income with no additional expenses. Any of us could sign up to be a reseller if we wanted to.

Some users might change resellers for a cheaper price or better support.

If you spend some time doing online searches, you will find a long list of resellers for tax software.

Buyer beware!

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 1:43 PM, M7047 said:

How are they able to sell the original software cheaper? Why would you want to switch from Ultimate Tax to Sigma Tax? Did you have a problem with Ultimate? Sorry for all the questions, but I've never heard of such a thing. I'm a small business looking to cut costs without cutting off my nose in the process.

Thanks!

There have been several resellers of CCH Taxwise and Drake in the past as cbslee stated above. I did not switch to Sigma nor am I going to switch. This was an old post I made last year and I was updating it. I switched from CCH Taxwise to Ultimate Tax for TY 2022 and plan on renewing again with Ultimate as I am happy with the service and very happy with the price. The original reference to Sigma was when I was researching last year prior to deciding on Ultimate. Sorry for the confusion. 

• Like 1