ATX Community

Working More Efficient

Terry D EA

I have been using Drake software both tax and accounting since the 2012 debacle. While I feel Drake Accounting is still a work in progress, it is not bad and use it mostly for payroll. Drake Tax however, is the best in my opinion for the money. They offer many features with one add on called "Grunt Worx". At first glance I thought it too expensive and really did not have a need. With more clients with Robin Hood Securities, Crypto and day trading, my thoughts are now greatly changed. I have had several clients day trading, some moderate, some not so much and one that had over 750 transactions. Those transactions were of the grocery store variety that prevented using a summary page. I uploaded the pdf to "GruntWorx" and within an hour and a half, the file was back and in a format to be imported into form 8949. This service cost $112.00 (.15 per transaction). The file was validated by Grunt Worx but a brief final review of the totals by me and its done. I think the review and import was only 10 minutes. The $112.00 might seem a bit high but it is nothing compared to what the client would pay for me to enter all of those transactions. I'm not sure which programs GruntWorx will work with, but the converted file is in a csv format as well. What a life saver. https://www.gruntworx.com/ if you want to check it out.

• Like 2

I have used Gwx and before they came up with "covered transactions" I used the Gwx trades too.  Great service. I upload all my scans and get the bookmarked indexed pdf back and keep for my records. Wonderful for clients who get letters years later; no need to plod through fifteen different multi-page pdf's looking for the pertinent piece of information. Just click the bookmark.  

Highly recommended, for far more than Trades.

• Like 1