ATX Community

Submit 2848 POA online

jklcpa

I went through e-services today and uploaded POAs for H&W as pdfs that were hand-signed in person and received email confirmation.

With this being first come first serve processing by IRS, anyone have experience with the wait time I should expect?  Do I recall correctly that it could be 6 weeks or more?  Will I receive notification when these are finally recorded in the system?

ETA - these cover 2018 - 2020, and I did previously call in to discuss a 2018 tax notice with an agent and faxed them directly while on that call, but they are not in the system.  Does the agent not record those through CAF but merely verifies that the representative has authority for that call?

Edited by jklcpa
added the ETA

I have no idea.   My last 4 or 5 POAs were sent in, waited 3-5 weeks after faxing to call, and none of them were registered.   The PPL agent then took the POA while on the phone.   They sometimes say they will enter into the system, other times they don't mention it.   I have not called back on any of them after getting through to PPL, but I suspect they are not registered because I am not getting notifications for those clients.

Tom
Longview, TX

I uploaded a 2848 and received a confirming letter in about a week and checked on line and it had been posted.

If you call PPL and fax it to them, always request that the 2848 be forwarded to the CAF Unit.  All they have to do is click a button.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Max W said:

I uploaded a 2848 and received a confirming letter in about a week and checked on line and it had been posted.

If you call PPL and fax it to them, always request that the 2848 be forwarded to the CAF Unit.  All they have to do is click a button.

Thank you. Is there a specific place to check POAs that are recorded, or do I just try to get the transcript again?