ATX Community

Thinking of Switching to ATX

badcpa

I too have had ATX for 20 some years.  I actually tried out Drake and didn't like it.  ATX is a good software for a small business.  I like that I input from a screen that looks like the form.  But I started out old school filing in the blanks on a tax return by pencil.  So I feel comfortable using the forms and not relying on input prompts.   I haven't had any complaints (since that little issue in 2012.....)  (2012?)  (The older users will know.....)

• Like 6

I left ATX due to problems related to business entity returns.

I see you are from ID.  ATX has a long history of giving less attention to smaller states.

I know the last year I used ATX, the users from MT and HI didn't have all of their forms until the last week of February or the beginning of March.

If your practice needs tax software that's ready to go as soon as tax season opens, then ATX may not be for you.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 12:36 PM, schirallicpa said:

I too have had ATX for 20 some years.  I actually tried out Drake and didn't like it.  ATX is a good software for a small business.  I like that I input from a screen that looks like the form.  But I started out old school filing in the blanks on a tax return by pencil.  So I feel comfortable using the forms and not relying on input prompts.   I haven't had any complaints (since that little issue in 2012.....)  (2012?)  (The older users will know.....)

Same here.  

• Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 12:36 PM, schirallicpa said:

On 6/20/2022 at 2:56 PM, RitaB said:

Same here.  

Same here, here.

• Like 4

I have had ATX for over 20 years - many times I swear I am going to switch - but their service has been incredible the last couple years - and the issues we have had - were mostly related to single glitches with a client, not overall.

It has all the forms I need - I do about 70 S corps and about 800 total returns. I have tried a few others but do not like the format nor the price.

This is easy to teach  - even to remote preparers. and it does have the interview available.

It has "lost" some features I dearly loved - calculator in the line, cannot open more than 1 return in the current year, - can in prior years!

Compared to another program I had, I wish it had a timer on!!

I have even stepped down a version as I did not need all the extras. I think!

D

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...