ATX Community

Attn Eric

GeorgeM

Good morning Eric

I was wondering if you could set up a seperate room just for TRX users or those who are interested in j TRX.

As they don't have a forum of their own, and a lot of people here seem interested in the package.

I can set one up temporarily to see how it goes. If it takes off, I could leave it there, but if it stagnates, I may remove it.

What's their website address?

If this means that some of the donation I just sent in to support this unofficial ATX community website will be used for these "rooms", I object! I am not a Drake user. I demoed their software some years ago and determined that I will never be a Drake user. Let the Drake users (or Drake) set up their own webboards. That's not what I contributed to.

MontanaEA, I think it is just a subforum similar to the e-file section we have here. Many users on this forum are unhappy with ATX and will be test driving other software. It's just a request for a separate area to keep all those "review" postings organized. Actually, you might be happy about this suggested segregation, because that way you can ignor the whole area. I am sure that many will renew and continue on with ATX.

In any case, I hope you will continue to stay around. We have a great group of people here that willingly help others.

Like it or not, there are going to be ex-ATXers here using different software. I've got no way to make sure people are using ATX software, and even if I did I wouldn't exclude them from the community.

Adding some extra forums is really no trouble and has no effect on my hosting bills, which is what your generous donations pay for. At least with a sub-forum, it'll be all that much easier for you to ignore the posts.

If any of the smaller other-vendor forums explode and start consuming excessive resources, I may be forced to reconsider, however.

We already have a Tax Vendor section at the top of the message board. Why not just start discussions there. The only thing in there now is Eric's list of links to places you can find other software company's sites.

Wait.. I see, the SubForums are where you're talking about. I agree that a separate subforum would be good for other software exploratory topics.

Good morning Eric

I was wondering if you could set up a seperate room just for TRX users or those who are interested in j TRX.

As they don't have a forum of their own, and a lot of people here seem interested in the package.

I think we should have a Frikkin Banana forum....THAT would be frikkin amazing

Thank you Eric! I don't frequent the board too often, but when I need answers I do come here looking for help.

I just made a donation. Thank you for a great job on putting this forum together. I really felt left in the cold when ATX abandoned the idea.

Monica

It makes sense to me to put the reviews in dedicated subforums. I know I'm not the only one looking at TRX, and before the summer's out I'm sure I'll be looking at Drake and probably at least one other software package. At the moment, Drake comments aren't interesting to me, but they will be later.

Being able to find other people's comments in one place will be very helpful. (I test the software by trying to do all the things someone else said it wouldn't do!)