ATX Community

Networkable?

Tax Prep by Deb

Does anyone know of TRX is networkable? I have two computers that are currently networked and I have used ATX networked for several years. Everything I have heard about TRX sounds appealing, except I have not been able to determine if it will work on a network or if I have to purchase two programs. If I have to purchase two programs I'm not any better off price wise than with ATX, however the support sounds much better.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Deb!

Deb,

TRX is networkable. The server computer has the client database on it and is the only computer that should be used for transmitting returns.

I think the question was more relating to the pricing for a network setup. If I run an office with 8 desktops and 1 transmitting computer, am I able to install one copy of the software on all 9 computers and pay the same as if I only had it on one computer? Or do I need to buy 9 copies of the software?

David,

I was told by the Sales Manager that there was no limit on the number of installations from one software purchase. I have ordered the software for evaluation (there is not a 30 cancellation limit) and a limit may be in the fine print.

In reading the pdf of the operational manual for the 2006 program the instructions are there for network installation and no mention is given about a limit of the number of work stations.

Tom,

Afraid I was somewhat ahead of you. I graduated from the Academy in 1955, was stationed on the Winona in Port Angeles for 3 years and then 1 year in Alaska at Cape Sarachef Loran Station. In 05 I attended our 50th reunion at the Academy.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your responses.

I just wanted a little feed back before checking it out, but this program sounds ideal for me.

Again thanks alot!

Deb!

I understand that XP Home Edition is not networkable. You need the XP Pro edition to network. I dont know about the Vista Windows but would assume you could use it. :unsure: :rolleyes:

I understand that XP Home Edition is not networkable. You need the XP Pro edition to network. I dont know about the Vista Windows but would assume you could use it. :unsure::rolleyes:

XP Home is networkable in a peer to peer mode. Its limitation which also applies to Vista Home Basic and Vista Home Premium is that joining a domain is not psosible. To join a domain you need XP Pro, Vista Business, Vista Ultimate or Vista Enterprise.