ATX Community

NT / Peachtree Users

RitaB

I have three companies for which the payroll report "TN LB 0456" (TN unemployment return) is always incorrect. Some employees and their wages will be left off, and I cannot find what I have wrong. All my other companies are fine. It's probably something I'm overlooking, and I have searched the Peachtree site without success. Just hoping someone knows the fix. Thanks in advance.

I have three companies for which the payroll report "TN LB 0456" (TN unemployment return) is always incorrect. Some employees and their wages will be left off, and I cannot find what I have wrong. All my other companies are fine. It's probably something I'm overlooking, and I have searched the Peachtree site without success. Just hoping someone knows the fix. Thanks in advance.

Is the employee being taxed in a different state? If you have reciprocity with neighboring states, you have to be careful that the employee is still set up for SUTA in the owrk state.

The payroll returns in PT are far from perfect, even the 941 frequently pulls wrong figures. Thankfully, they are pretty easy to fix.

Is the employee being taxed in a different state? If you have reciprocity with neighboring states, you have to be careful that the employee is still set up for SUTA in the owrk state.

The payroll returns in PT are far from perfect, even the 941 frequently pulls wrong figures. Thankfully, they are pretty easy to fix.

Hey, GLJeanne - No, these employees being left off are just TN employees. I have not found any way to manually edit the TN LB 0456. I would love to override something and keep moving along, but I have not found a way to edit that particular form. I suspect I am overlooking something, but I can't find any difference in how I have set up these employees...

Thanks for the response!

Peachtree's payroll is very flexible, but rather arcane. Check the employee record, on the EmployER tab, and see if you can identify what's different between the employees who are correct, and those who are not.

If it weren't the filing deadline, and I'm still working on returns myself, I'd take time to call tech for you. I'm a "certified consultant" for Sage. Doesn't mean I know it all, but I know who to call to find out. I'll call later for you when I get time. Meanwhile, you may need to just use your white-out and calculator.

Peachtree's payroll is very flexible, but rather arcane. Check the employee record, on the EmployER tab, and see if you can identify what's different between the employees who are correct, and those who are not.

If it weren't the filing deadline, and I'm still working on returns myself, I'd take time to call tech for you. I'm a "certified consultant" for Sage. Doesn't mean I know it all, but I know who to call to find out. I'll call later for you when I get time. Meanwhile, you may need to just use your white-out and calculator.

Thanks, indyscott, but I think I have figured out the problem. I was looking where you said on the EmployER tab, because I just KNEW the problem was there. Turns out, I clicked the "withholding info" tab, and the employees that were showing up on the report had "TN" entered on the state row, and the ones not showing up were blank. I never thought to look there cause we don't have a state income tax on wages, and everyone was showing up, no problem, on the "Payroll Tax Report" for unemployment. Apparently I lucked out, cause I have no idea why I even looked at the withholding tab...

What I have done in the past on those companies is copy the Payroll Tax Report to an MS Works spreadsheet and edit to get everything lined up, etc. Better than writing, but still aggravating. So glad I discovered my goof!

Thanks for your help! BTW, I e-mailed PT yesterday, and their reply was not helpful. Basically, they said, "We're not helping you unless you pay for tech support." If I didn't really like PT, that would have made me mad.

Maintain/employee/withhold info/state TN That should work I had the same problem.

Well, now I'm glad I asked! Thanks, Lydia. Sometimes I hesitate to post, but you never know who might be wondering the same thing, I guess! Did you get an e-mail from PT regarding the 2009 upgrade? I usually hold out forever on upgrades, but I'll have to check this one out. It took me forever to get used to 2008... Some things really take a lot longer with the upgrade, kinda frustrating...