ATX Community

NT-What a season

Karen Lee

Early in the season I posted that HRB moved in down the street and I was not overly concerned but concerned nonetheless. Took some steps, additional advertising, RAL's and ERD, process credit cards etc. Well, I never felt a thing and the business realized yet another increase in # of returns as well as an increase in $. 4+ year employee quit in the middle of tax season, training new employee during tax season...

Software performed well for me, accessing MyATX was a problem for awhile. CCH treatment of employees and customers was disheartening and caused undue anxiety all through the season. The only difference in the program now is that it does not seem to be doing some of the automatic calculations that have made me more productive. Now I have to think and do more review of my work. Example, dependent information put in and I check the box for CTC and it calculates the CTC with a warning in the CHECK (in blue) that the dependent does not qualify for the CTC. In the past I think the software used to calculate the CTC automatically based on the DOB for the dependent. Not a big deal but nice to know.

E-File went well with the exception of the one return transmitted on 4/14...didn't get ack'd until 4/17. I will start to upload W-2, W-3 in a couple of years and e-file 941, extensions and 940 when I am more comfortable with E-file procedure and ack process through this software.

Stimulus payments!!!Really...what were they thinking! Should have built in an incentive for tax preparers!

I didn't kill anyone this season, Prozac works!!

Back to the extensions. Have a good off season.

Karen

Stimulus payments!!!Really...what were they thinking! Should have built in an incentive for tax preparers!

I didn't kill anyone this season, Prozac works!!

Back to the extensions. Have a good off season.

Karen

Yes, first thing this morning, I have an e-mail: I'm only getting back $300, why is that?"

Extensions: are they not just horrible? Some are not, and I'm actually glad to be working on tax returns now,

but the ones that do this year after year after year! Why can't they get it together? I don't mind if they come October 1 - just write those mileage figures on something before you get here...

Maybe I could use some Prozac, too.

Yes, first thing this morning, I have an e-mail: I'm only getting back $300, why is that?"

Extensions: are they not just horrible? Some are not, and I'm actually glad to be working on tax returns now,

but the ones that do this year after year after year! Why can't they get it together? I don't mind if they come October 1 - just write those mileage figures on something before you get here...

Maybe I could use some Prozac, too.

Yes, isnt it strange how many working people are only getting $300 (myself included). Also, people on extension who are getting refunds are in absolutely no hurry to get their information in. I find it hard to understand and wouldn't you think that they would be worried that the government might run out of $300 and $600 stimulus checks?

I had a client bring in 05, 06 & 07 to be done first week of April. She wanted to be sure to get her $600 stimulus payment. Here were the results:

2005 Refund $2,100

2006 Refund $1,807

2007 Refund $ 785

Does this make sense to anyone? Or am I the only one that thinks this situation is wacked? Sit on nearly $4K and wait till the "free" $600 is dangled out there to get it...

We have had several clients with similar situations hurrying to get in by April 15.

Is is humorous how some people acted in light of the prospect of "free" money from the government.

Just goes to show how irrational some people are when it comes to financial matters.

The irrationality compounds itself when taxes are involved.