ATX Community

MyTaxPrepOffice

mcb39

Has anyone else heard of or been contacted by MyTaxPrepOffice with an offer that sounds too good to be true.  Unfortunately, I am afraid that I got scammed and am in litigation with them through my Credit Card.  Too Smooth; Too Fast and talked me out of a deposit before I could think it over.  I cancelled within the hour, but that is why I am in litigation.  I am old enough to know better and have nobody to blame but myself.  I am normally extremely careful about anybody trying to sell things, but slipped up this time.  Please advise.

I previewed their their software the second year they were in business before I switched from ATX to Drake and you're right they promise more than they can deliver.

I am kinda surprised they are still in business, although this year's user reviews are favorable?

• Thanks 1

First of all, let me assure you that this was NOT a scam.  Cbslee is correct that their marketing personnel are very agressive.  I spent over an hour yesterday on the phone with their Sales Manager and this is, in fact, a legitimate company.  I believe the issue has been resolved.  His main concern was removing a black mark from their record; which was really the result of the Sales Rep being over-zealous.  I was having a bad day and got talked into something that I did not want.  We got what we asked for, which was a chance to test the program without the exchange of money.  This is primarily for my assistant rather than myself.  She will be the one moving forward when I no longer am able to.  For myself, I have no desire to place my clients on a Cloud.  If it is the wave of the future, so be it.  I am happy with things just the way they are now and I probably don't have that many years to worry about it; but it will be nice to leave her with some options that she can afford.  Thank you for your input.   I have a load off of my shoulders.  There are plenty more loads that still need to be removed.🥺

• Like 4