ATX Community

?¿ What is Last day to e-file via ATX ?¿

jbelle

What's the last Nov. '22 day to e-file for ATX users?  I have a few that gotta get in gear, So I can e-file before shut down.

Don' t know if I should smile or kill 'em. 🙃

I've used ATX 25+yr.  2001 or 2002, my family included Caribou, Maine in our road trip to visit orig. ATX (yrs before they sold). Sadly, we arrived after they closed since it was "off season." Oh well, Caribou is lovely & has a funny zigzag street,

After 50 yrs. I am ready to retire + travel since Covid restrictions have lifted.  I stopped accepting referrals yrs. ago & gradually decreased clients for  several yrs.   It's painful ~ because I consider my clients as "my peoples" vs. just clients.  I'm sure other tax people with long term clients feel the same.

To many long time & pre  ATX sale users ~ I wish you super well.

My prior sign-in was "Judy EA."  We had a tighter/more personal sight before ATX sold & expanded.  Which is NOT an insult or negative in any ~ simply fact.

I sincerely hope all others enjoy their work as much as I have.

• Like 4

IRS QuickAlerts – October 18, 2022
Subject: 1040 Modernized e-File (MeF) Production Shutdown
1040 MeF Production Shutdown Schedule
Shutdown begins on Saturday, November 26, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time, to prepare the system for the upcoming Tax Year 2022 Filing Season.
Important Note: Only "Send Submissions" for 1040 (both State and Federal) will be affected by this shutdown, all other services such as "Get Acks" and all state services will not be affected by the shutdown and users should be able to continue to use those services.
Shutdown Deadlines on Saturday, November 26, 2022
Transmitters:
Transmitting 1040 Submissions (State & Federal) 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
Important Note: Business (BMF) returns are not impacted by this IMF Production Shutdown schedule.
The BMF Production Shutdown schedule will be communicated in a QuickAlerts bulletin, outlining the exact timeframes, in early December and the times will be posted on the MeF Operational Status page.
Please monitor the MeF Operational Status page for any updates. We apologize for any inconveniences and thank you fo

• Like 1

Hi Judy Good to hear from you!  I agree with all you said and fondly recall the barbeque bash we sent one year to those outstanding folks.  Good people, all.  Like you, I am downsizing and looking at maybe 3 more years as my license renews end of this year.  Best to you on your journey - it's been so great to have this community in various configurations since 1997 for me.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2022 at 6:06 AM, Lynn EA USTCP in Louisiana said:

Info re the last day for efiling is included in the newsfeed, but if I remember correctly it is 11/22/2022.

Lynn, I'm sorry I've taken so long to thank you for jogging my memory re date. I knew I'd read it somewhere, but with the hassle everyone has this time of year I couldn't recall exact date. Thus, I took the "easy way" & asked (a.k.a the Lazy Way). Thanks again. 

If you're near NOLA or not, "Laissez les bon temps rouler." (yes, I copied & pasted. This TN girl doesn't spell in French)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/12/2022 at 6:50 AM, Jim Oh Bkkr said:

Damn Judy, I feel like I just found a long lost friend.  Many memories of conversations with you on the old ATX "tree" board! 

Hope sure hope life's been good to you.

Hi Jim,  Gosh, it's good to be remembered & pls. know I remember our conversations too. Some "talks" surely seemed to be crazy to an "eaves-reader." However, each officially started w/ a tax question / situation. The path it took from there depended on the time & how many ATXers were still awake.  I recall late night legit tax conversations ~ complimented w/ silliness to keep our sanity.

♦I haven't posted for a hand full of years. I often check the site ~ seeking already asked tax opinions + browsing familiar names.  

♦I hope life's been good for You & others during my / our "quiet years."  

♦My life has been okay. Things less than likable must be classified as acceptable, as I am not the one with ultimate control.

♦To clarify my philosophical stmt. I was widowed 11/23/15. Not a surprise.  I provided in-home hospice. We talked / laughed until the last second.  I knew.       I was more prepared than most. I'd provided in-home hospice for Mom, an uncle, & helped w/another uncle (mom's brothers) + my hubby's oldest brother & would have helped w/another Bro-in-law, but Covid prevented travel.

♦I post my personal info as support for anyone currently going thru situation & for those who "turn around" & find themselves facing a loved one needing such care.  Is it fun?¿ ~ not really.  But, it's Overwhelming Heart Rewarding because You're helping someone You Love, Who is in Need of Your Love.   

♦I'm currently helping some older clients w/ a variety of situations. They know I'm available to listen.  I want to retire ~ but, I'm still here for my older clients (my peoples) whose partner's have dementia & don't have family who give a damn. The same wonderful people helped us after a devastating flood & helped me when hubby declined & moved on.

♦ Jim, see what you started when you "hoped life had been good to me."  A 7 word answer: "Sure as heck, my life's been good🙃"  Your "hope for me" triggered me to share my hope for you & others.

Edited by jbelle
spelling
  • Like 4

On 11/12/2022 at 11:53 AM, Margaret CPA in OH said:

Hi Judy Good to hear from you!  I agree with all you said and fondly recall the barbeque bash we sent one year to those outstanding folks.  Good people, all.  Like you, I am downsizing and looking at maybe 3 more years as my license renews end of this year.  Best to you on your journey - it's been so great to have this community in various configurations since 1997 for me.

Hi Margaret,  Yes, the BBQ bash was fun. KC Jenkins created the idea & collected funds.  I went to a great Memphis BBQ restaurant I knew would treat our order special since it was for special people.  Good luck with your downsizing. I think it would be easier if we were abducted my aliens.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...