ATX Community

Efile rejected-Student claimed twice-Help Please

M7047

I have a family and a son of theirs. While playing with who should claim the student, I accidently forgot to uncheck the box for the student to not claim himself and filed it that way. When I efiled them the parents were rejected as they correctly have the student on it but the IRS had already accepted the students one claiming himself. I amended the students to not claim himself and it was accepted on the 24th. I recreated the parents and tried again today and it's still being rejected for the same reason. 

I thought waiting a couple of days after the amended student one was accepted would fix the problem. Any thought on how to get theirs accepted now? Thanks!

I have had this problem 2 or 3 times when the student filed their own tax return and claimed themselves.

There is nothing you can do until the superseded students tax return is processed which might take months.

unless you want to try paper filing the parents return with an attached copy of the student's superseded return which will also take many months.☹️

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, cbslee said:

I have had this problem 2 or 3 times when the student filed their own tax return and claimed themselves.

There is nothing you can do until the superseded students tax return is processed which might take months.

unless you want to try paper filing the parents return with an attached copy of the student's superseded return which will also take many months.☹️

Is it considered processed once the student receives their refund?