Jump to content
ATX Community

Help, how do I report this kind of income?

Tax Prep by Deb

Recommended Posts

My client sold his business, however the new owner does not own the type of license required and must work under my clients license who in turn has to spend a certain amount of hours per quarter with the new owner to keep the license active.  He receives 1000 per month for this purpose.

I feel it should be classified as self-employed income (perhaps consulting fee).  Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank You in advance!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...