ATX Community

To all you fine people.....

Elrod

So glad it’s over!  This morning as every year I leave MA at midnight to spend a few days with Mom in NYC after being away for nearly 3 months.  She’ll be 99 in a few weeks and all she wants to do is play dominoes, Bingo and drink my homemade wine with no sulfites.  A tradition I hope goes on for as long as I am in this business. Photo is not long ago.

911458D0-53B6-42C6-B0DA-AE4D018510B8.jpeg

• Like 14

3 hours ago, FDNY said:

So glad it’s over!  This morning as every year I leave MA at midnight to spend a few days with Mom in NYC after being away for nearly 3 months.  She’ll be 99 in a few weeks and all she wants to do is play dominoes, Bingo and drink my homemade wine with no sulfites.  A tradition I hope goes on for as long as I am in this business. Photo is not long ago.

911458D0-53B6-42C6-B0DA-AE4D018510B8.jpeg

You have a fine looking Mom, Bill.  Bless your hearts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On Monday I visited with a 100 year old client for about 30 minutes as I dropped off his taxes. What a joy that was. He has a lot of health issues but what a terrific outlook on life. He was telling me stories (with names) from his college fraternity years before WW2 and after his service years. That was a fun part of the day.

• Like 7

Yes, May 18th.  Her mind is good, which I think has something to do with her gambling habit.  Always a card player like her father who lived to 91.  I taught her dominoes many years ago because it involves more thinking and strategy.  At her age I’m always amazed when I leave with less change in my pocket.  But if I do win she hits me with “Aren’t you embarrassed taking money from your old mother?”

During Covid she fell in the house, fractured her pelvis pulling out a card table when her friends came over.  In Rehab she got in trouble for setting up card games in a corner of the Physical Therapy facility.  I got a call from the administrator who said, Please tell Olympia there is no gambling allowed in here, especially during Covid.  She’s a real character.

I also think her 3 ounces of daily wine doesn’t hurt.

• Like 7