ATX Community

SSA BOS LOG IN

JimTaxes

heads up.. SSA BOS has a new log in.. I know it is only April but I expected problems logging in using the new system and sure enough, I cannot log in. has anyone had success logging in using the new method, which they are telling me they recommend using the id.me method.  

I also replied to this topic on another thread.  I've been trying to get into BSO for a month with no luck.  I go through the whole verification process using log.gov and then instead of taking me to BSO, it takes me to my personal Social Security account.  When I called customer support they told me to try id.me instead of log.gov.  I tried to go through the id.me validation process but I don't have a smart phone.  You need a smart phone to get validated by id.me.  I only have to do W2s for two employees.  I'm considering just using a site like pdffiller next year.  It just amazes me that they could activate this new login procedure without having all the bugs worked out.

• Like 3

On 4/21/2023 at 11:41 AM, Gloucesterman said:

I also replied to this topic on another thread.  I've been trying to get into BSO for a month with no luck.  I go through the whole verification process using log.gov and then instead of taking me to BSO, it takes me to my personal Social Security account.  When I called customer support they told me to try id.me instead of log.gov.  I tried to go through the id.me validation process but I don't have a smart phone.  You need a smart phone to get validated by id.me.  I only have to do W2s for two employees.  I'm considering just using a site like pdffiller next year.  It just amazes me that they could activate this new login procedure without having all the bugs worked out.

@Gloucestermanany progress getting in to BSO.  I still cannot get in.. I received in the mail an SSA with my extra security number and I still cannot get in.  I tried login.gov and I tried id.me and all it does it send me in a loop with an error. 

JimTaxes - I tried again five minutes ago and still had the same problem.  I get through the verification process using log.gov but it sends me to my personal Social Security account instead of to BSO.  I think I'm going to explore other options for my 2023 W2s.  I only have two employees to worry about.

On 4/26/2023 at 8:53 AM, Catherine said:

I gave up on reporting directly to the SSA a year or two back after many login issues; just wasn't worth the bother. I use EFileMyForms for the few W2s I file, and let them worry about it. To heck with 'em.

Catherine, I have a couple questions about EFileMyForms.  I assume that they electronically submit the W2 Copy A inforrmation to the Feds.  How do they handle the W2 Copies B, C, D, 1,and 2?  Is there an option to print them out yourself?  Can you print out a copy of the W3 for yourself?  Can you remember what the fee is?  Thank you!

On 5/6/2023 at 8:15 AM, Gloucesterman said:

Is there an option to print them out yourself? 

Yes, you can save pdf copies of all forms (individually or all at once) immediately. The fees are low - working from memory here, for years it was $3.49 to print/mail/efile and $2.99 to efile only (you get pdfs in all cases). I think it went up a bit this year due to postage cost increases - maybe $3.99 and $3.49. 

You don't get a 1096 for 1099 filings, but there is a W3.

1 hour ago, Catherine said:

Yes, you can save pdf copies of all forms (individually or all at once) immediately. The fees are low - working from memory here, for years it was $3.49 to print/mail/efile and $2.99 to efile only (you get pdfs in all cases). I think it went up a bit this year due to postage cost increases - maybe $3.99 and $3.49. 

You don't get a 1096 for 1099 filings, but there is a W3.

Thank You Catherine!

• Like 1