ATX Community

Intuit pushes into AI

Lee B

" INTU +1.28%  on Tuesday announced a big push into generative artificial intelligence software, with new experiences to be added across the company’s business lines, including TurboTax, Credit Karma, QuickBooks, and Mailchimp.

Intuit (ticker: INTU) CEO Sasan Goodarzi thinks this could be a game changer, one that will fulfill the company’s mission, laid out more than four years ago, to “become the financial assistant in the pocket of our customers…to help them make decisions, put more money in their pocket and help them thrive."

It will be interesting to see if Intuit can filter out the creative garbage that AI creates in addition to the useful information?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cbslee said:

It will be interesting to see if Intuit can filter out the creative garbage that AI creates in addition to the useful information?

It will be interesting to see if Intuit can filter out the creative garbage that our CLIENTS create so we can get useful information from QB.....

Tom
Longview, TX

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

For me, unless there is documentation of the information which makes up what the ai learned, it seems the ai is feeding whatever it scrapes from web sites, likely violating copyright.

Clearly, “news” articles are already polluted. Meaning I can read usually reliable sites and can often find articles which could not possibly have been human written or edited. (Specific topics with clear errors.)

since nearly day one of our web site, I have actively blocked scraper access as best I can. Before ai, the biggest scrapers were those who were looking to compile data to sell to others, and those who sell anti-plagiarism tools. 

A good example is driving aids. I go through a weird 5 way intersection often. There is no reasonable way self driving can handle this particular spot because of some wonky factors. Another is a situation where the light is on the wrong side of the road because of a curve.

While I don’t use driving assist in town, the “green light” beep or lack of is a fair indication of the struggle at theater two locations.

Another is how driving maps have misinterpreted a construction zone for months, and direct their users to a closed ramp. Or how in Hawaii, driving map software has a flaw which sends people to a boat ramp, and how there was call for the ramp to add signage and lights (instead of outcry about the software?).

The point is the reader/user must still consider the accuracy and hopefully have (now un)common sense.

"Intuit announced the release of a new generative AI-based operating system with custom-trained large language models that specialize in solving tax, accounting, marketing, cash flow, and personal finance challenges. Intuit GenOS, as the company is calling it, is comprised of four core components:

GenStudio, a dedicated development environment allowing Intuit's developers to rapidly experiment with and refine generative AI experiences for users;

GenRuntime, an intelligent layer that chooses the right large language model in real time and calls the right data access points;

GenUX, a library of user-interface components and consistent user flows; and,

Financial custom-trained financial LLMs that specialize in solving tax, accounting, marketing, cash flow, and personal finance challenges. They can provide actionable insights and invoke actions like contacting human experts."

The CEO of Intuit announced that he thinks Intuit can grow their market share  400% 🤔

• Thumbs Down 2