ATX Community

Form 8109-B / Courtesy Reminder

JohnH

While some of you don't fool with Form 8109 and insist that all your clients use EFTPS, I know there are others who have clients still using them. So this is a reminder to order a few 8109-B forms for those situations when the client calls in a panic and has lost, run out of, or otherewise finds themselves in need of an 8109 for a payroll tax deposit or corp income tax payment.. I just received a set of 25 that I requested on Oct 22, so I assume it generally takes about a week and a half for them to arrive. Not a bad turnaround time, but too long to wait when a client asks at the last minute.

The request must be on your letterhead stating why you are entitled to receive them, and you can ask for up to 25 forms in a single request.

It should be mailed to:

Internal Revenue Service

National Distribution Center

1201 N Mitsubishi Motorway

Bloomington, IL 61705-6613

(I believe this is a new address, because most of my previous requests were mailed to a PO Box).

Thanx for the info. I was given a slightly different mailing address: 1201 N and zip 61704-6613 But, it was a good and timely reminder. I have an 1120-H coming up that used to never owe taxes but has been investing in CDs and earning interest in excess of the $100 deduction. So, I'll probably need a Form 8109-B for them next month.

You are correct - the address should be 1201 N Mitsubishi Motorway.

However, I double-checked the zip code and the one I used comes right off the return address label that came with the forms.

(I just edited the original post to hopefully clear up any confusion)

I never have been very good with numbers...

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to bump this up in case it can help someone else. I had to order some of these today, and I really appreciate the time it saved me to have this info. I ran a copy of this thread back in Nov and put it with my blank forms so I'd have the address handy.

Thanks to all you helpful folks!!! It is so nice to have friends at the office!