ATX Community

Hey, I found you

Brian Levy

Hi all. I must have been out to lunch the day this forum was announced. I recognize many of the handles from the old ATX forum. Great to find again the group. Maybe it is good that I did not know about it last year as it was tough with ATX, quite a few problems and lots of grief with the company and the shiftings or responsibility plus the failure to advise that TKO research would not mount on Vista making all the CDs worthless. Hopefully this year it will go much smoother.

Anyways, hi all from sunny Toronto Canada.

Hi all. I must have been out to lunch the day this forum was announced. I recognize many of the handles from the old ATX forum. Great to find again the group. Maybe it is good that I did not know about it last year as it was tough with ATX, quite a few problems and lots of grief with the company and the shiftings or responsibility plus the failure to advise that TKO research would not mount on Vista making all the CDs worthless. Hopefully this year it will go much smoother.

Anyways, hi all from sunny Toronto Canada.

Glad to "see you." Don't you DARE complain about the weather... (Northern MI) most people don't realize I am about five hours NORTH of you. lbb

No kidding! The sad part most of all, is that it's only the beginning of winter. Wait until mid Late February - Mid March, it gets -40 to -70 at some points with the wind chill. It gets so cold they broadcast warnings not to go outside. Just by stepping outside you could get instant frost bite on your nose, fingers, etc.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?C...67.9906&e=0

I've got you ALL beat! It's -13 with the wind chill in Caribou, ME right now and we're looking to get -24 into tonight! Not to mention our Winter Storm Warning for the weekend. We're looking to get another BIG storm plastering the North East.

I'd trade spots with most any of you any day.

It was -14 when I went to work yesterday morning. Northern WI, here. I let the car run for 10 minutes before taking off and the electric seat didn't even get warm. Better today, +23 and snowing, but, of course, I didn't have to go out today.

I am sure you don't want to hear my sad story! First, let me tell you that I lived in Michigan, Goose Bay, Labrador and Caribou, Maine. I have been in the Florida Panhandle for almost 30 years and, at times like these, I definitely won't complain. Today was sunny, temps in the low 70s, low humidity. What more can I say.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. (I would gladly be where you are in July and Aug!!!!!!!!!) MM

We just got hit with over a foot of snow over the night - The winds are gusting upwards of 30 MPH and they are calling for another 4-8 inches of snow throughout the day. I personally walked through knee-deep snow at times just to get to work this morning. Consider yourselves lucky - most of you will never see this!

I'm just west of Boston. The snow started at noon on Friday, let up briefly on Saturday, and started again Sunday at dawn. By the time all was said and done, we have about 15" of snow (light topped by heavy topped by light). Winds howled at over 50mph last night but today are only supposed to be about 20 mph with gusts over 40mph. I'm about to go out with shovel and snowblower again.

You have my sympathies, as it's significantly colder up where you are than it is here. But right now I would be very happy to be living in a place where _I_ don't have to see this myself! Yesterday was the first official day of winter and I'm already tired of cold and wind and snow for this year. Sigh.

Catherine

I lived in San Antonio for over a year a while back and I remember "their winters" too! Never dropped below 60 - to me, being from Maine all my life, considered that a heat wave and was always made fun of for wearing shorts and a t-shirt when everyone else was wearing sweaters and winter jackets.

If they only knew !