ATX Community

REPUBLIC BANK RAL's

1040PRO

I have been doing ral for over 15 yrs, (total 2008 tax season efiles 1200 and of those almost 200 RAL's) and like some of us we have become frustrated with ATX, I have been frustrated with CHASE BANK and there ral product so i have put an application in with REPUBLIC BANK. I would like to have any input of your experience good or bad about REPUBLIC BANK

thanks in advance

cliff

1040PRO in Arizona

I have been doing ral for over 15 yrs, (total 2008 tax season efiles 1200 and of those almost 200 RAL's) and like some of us we have become frustrated with ATX, I have been frustrated with CHASE BANK and there ral product so i have put an application in with REPUBLIC BANK. I would like to have any input of your experience good or bad about REPUBLIC BANK

thanks in advance

cliff

1040PRO in Arizona

I am considering Chase this year, used HSBC last. What problems were you having with Chase? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering Chase this year, used HSBC last. What problems were you having with Chase? Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response

The biggest problem I have had with Chase is customer getting their checks cashed We have many Chase branches locally (formerly Bank One) they are a different division than Chase Bank products (RALs) and in short it is like Chase Bank product division is the stepchild and Chase Banks doesn't like to accept those checks.

To get a RAL you need drivers license/state Id and SS card, but Chase Bank requires 2 form of ID and one can not be a SS card. I have had several discussions with upper management at Chase Bank Products and have been told that that is Chase Banks policy and they can not do any thing about it.

I have signed up for Chase. But only as a back up to Republic Bank, because Republic s sign up and customer service was not super helpful to get signed up. So I am very skeptical how helpful Republic will be when the rush hits.

Planning ahead Making sure that if grass is not greener That I have plan B in place

Cliff

1040PRO of AZ

Do you have any Wells Fargo branches in your area? They cash RB checks there for a small fee. I have used HSBC, Chase, SBBT and Republic. We do thousands of RAL's in multiple states and have found HSBC to be best, when they were around. Then I went with SBBT. They were good for 2 years and then we had a lot of problems. A lot of people were turned away because they had never filed for a RAL or because most of their refund was from EIC. This frustrated us so we decided to go with RB. The problem with RB is that clients with ITIN's do not qualify. Since their policy clearly states "Clients applying for a loan must have U.S. goverment issued ID's, SS cards or state issued driver's licenses". Other than that it has been a pleasure signing up with RB and their website is very sleek, easy to understand and use.

Roger