ATX Community

Quickbooks Payroll

grandmabee

Who uses QB payroll. I have always used it but now after today I will be looking for somethink else!! I have about 8 payrolls I do, in the past I have put up with intuit raising there prices year after year. THis January the yearly fee for payroll was 239.00. Today I get a call and they say I am on the wrong program I need be the enhanced version of QB and pay 349.00 a year because my version only offer three EIN numbers and I have more. They give only to Friday for me to decided if I want to pay the new fee or no payroll. Its the middle of tax season. They are the ones that keeps sending me the renewal. They know how many companies I do payroll for. Now I get two days to change or pay the additional fee.

Just venting.... But I will be changing payroll programs. this summer I will check out new one and I am not paying for another year. What a lousy way to do bussiness.

I use Pay Cycle - Online Payroll Service and find it to be one of the best that I have used. They have an accountants program that costs about $20 per month that includes everything from quarterlies, annual filings, W-2's, direct deposit, etc.. It could cost less depending on how many clients you have.

I used Quick Books and left them years ago due to high fees.

Here is their website

https://www.paycycle.com/external/home.jsp

Good luck

Mike Dubin CPA

Who uses QB payroll. I have always used it but now after today I will be looking for somethink else!! I have about 8 payrolls I do, in the past I have put up with intuit raising there prices year after year. THis January the yearly fee for payroll was 239.00. Today I get a call and they say I am on the wrong program I need be the enhanced version of QB and pay 349.00 a year because my version only offer three EIN numbers and I have more. They give only to Friday for me to decided if I want to pay the new fee or no payroll. Its the middle of tax season. They are the ones that keeps sending me the renewal. They know how many companies I do payroll for. Now I get two days to change or pay the additional fee.

Just venting.... But I will be changing payroll programs. this summer I will check out new one and I am not paying for another year. What a lousy way to do bussiness.

An ADP representative visited me last month and she was telling me about a service called Wholesale for accountants, basically you run all your payroll through ADP, includes 941's, SUTA, FUTA, W-2's etc..... Your client won't know you are using ADP, ADP bills you and you bill your clients. I don't remember the monthly cost, but it's not that bad. Here is the link:

http://smallbusiness.adp.com/accountants_wholesale/index.asp

bcolleen,

I use the QB payroll as well. The only difference maybe that I am a QB Pro-Advisor and can service 52 clients from one payroll subscription that costs me $150.00 annually. The subscription through the Pro-Advisor membership is the enhanced version. The entire QB Pro -Advisor membership is $599.99 and I too am getting tired of the yearly price increases. What's wrong with this picture, I promote their product, sell it, support it and pay through the nose for it. Seems like there should be some kinda kickback or something.

Terry D.

bcolleen,

I use the QB payroll as well. The only difference maybe that I am a QB Pro-Advisor and can service 52 clients from one payroll subscription that costs me $150.00 annually. The subscription through the Pro-Advisor membership is the enhanced version. The entire QB Pro -Advisor membership is $599.99 and I too am getting tired of the yearly price increases. What's wrong with this picture, I promote their product, sell it, support it and pay through the nose for it. Seems like there should be some kinda kickback or something.

Terry D.

Terry --

The kickback is in your teeth, every time you pay the new, higher price. Ask me how I know this.... ;) But I don't use their payroll; just the ProAdvisor membership and software every year. Which reminds me; in my copious free time I should install the 2009 version.

Catherine

bcolleen,

Terry D.

I usually update quickbooks pro every other year. So the 599 for pro advisor is high. I did get the 2009 free this year because someone posted for one day only you could get a rebate for full cost. I just don't know if I really need the pro advisor membership. but now if I pay 349.00 plus the 2oo + for the qbpro every second year I'm there at that cost anyway. I'm going to still check out other payrolls this spring.