ATX Community

How dry is it?

kcjenkins

Here in my part of AR, it's so dry that the Baptists are starting to Baptize by sprinkling, the Methodists are using wet-wipes, the Presbyterians are giving out rain-checks, and the Catholics are praying for the wine to turn back into water!

Now THAT's Dry. [Although we are hoping to get a little rain today, maybe, please! ]

How is it where you are?

In Central Ky, we have averaged 97.5 for daily highs for August, with many 100+ days and very little rain, altho we had about an inch last night. All heat records have been broken this month. Running 7-8 inches short on rainfall. Dairy farmers are folding fast, and cattle operations are facing a selloff situation before winter due to lack of feed crops. My son lives in central Tenn. and says that central and western Tenn farmers are totally devastated by heat and drought conditions. If prayers will help any, I will do my part. I know an awfully lot of fine people who are facing tough times.

Gerald

I am in DC and this city was built on the right place and at the right time (DC was very dry or wet 2 million years ago), we do not get affected by hurricanes or severe rainfall or drought. We never get restrictions on water by the government, so life is good as always. We barely get any snow most of the years.

In Idaho, our ski resorts are going up in flames and our senators down in flames.

We have been getting lots of rain in S Texas. It's rained almost every day this week. I feel for those in Montana & Idaho. We still have a fire crew in Montana working away.

Eli