ATX Community

NT - Brrrrrrr...

Monkeyman

From the Bangor Daily News:

Wind chill falls to minus 15 in northern Maine

By The Associated Press

CARIBOU, Maine — The calendar says it's late March, but it felt more like January when Mainers awoke for the start of the new work week.

According to the National Weather Service, temperatures in northern Maine fell to the low single digits Monday morning, while the combination of cold temperatures and wind drove the wind chill index to as low as minus 15 in Frenchville. Caribou's wind chill dipped to 12 below zero, and Greenville recorded minus 11.

Wind chills dipped into the single digits across the entire state, with Bangor hitting a low of 3 and Lewiston getting down to 2.

Forecasters say warmer weather will come later this week, with temperatures reaching into the 50s in southern and central Maine on Friday.

Anyone need a customer service professional in a warmer climate?

Kerry

P.S. - I hope nobody minds me posting so many NT's at your busy time of year.

balmy 65-68 here in NC. Supposed to get colder tomorrow with 2 inches of rain in next three days. We had 80 degrees two weeks ago no wonder me and the kids are sick. We are supposed to go down to 45 tomorrow thru Sat. I love NC with it's unreliable weather. I wish for warmer weather but not the humidity of July with 90% humidity and 100+ temps. LOL Last year our air condidtioning went out during 100+ weather and me and the kids stayed in the camper until the air was fixed. Took two week but was worth the extra 200+ on the power bill to stay cool. My favorite seasons are fall and spring when it is a perfect 70-75 like it is with Mel.

We're nowhere near as cold as Caribou, but it's been pretty doggone cold. Low 20's overnight, barely hitting freezing during the day. And the wind has been howling at 30 - 40 mph for a couple of days. Tomorrow they say mid-40's -- that's going to feel like midsummer by comparison.

The plus is that the sun has been warm; riding in the car I've been getting too hot with my coat on.

Catherine

CT is milder than ME or MA, but the temperatures go up and down and up and down. Everyone has respiratory infections. I just painted the guest bath and cleaned my boxes out of the guest bedroom. If you want to go as far south as CT, I have a laptop that's been acting up! You could drum up some business along the gold coast of Fairfield County.

Well, not to brag or anything, but it's going to be a blistering 45 - 48 the rest of the week! Woo-Hoo!

You can put on your bathing suit and stand outside to eat ice cream!!!

Does blue skin mean you've been in the sun too long, or that you're about to attack England with sword and pike? Maybe both!

Well, I hired someone to lightly renovate two bathrooms from the 1960's (you should see the blue/turquoise-y fixtures in one) at the end of 2008. She's got a few things left to do, such as put on the new handles; but I also hired her to help me during tax season with filing and deliveries and such. The guest room was the repository for my still unpacked boxes from 11 years at Block and has been added to with other stuff over the last couple of years. However, my son's girlfriend and her father came recently when he had surgery in a local hospital. So, I paid my daughter who was home from college to haul the boxes and stuff to the basement. A little over a year ago, my husband and I decided that we're old enough to treat ourselves to a cleaning lady every two weeks to keep the most used rooms of our house under control; and I added the guest room to her chores for her next visit. So, without even breaking stride on tax returns, and with only some of my hard-earned money, I had a clean bathroom and guest room with little work on my part. My son's girlfriend ended up eating out every night after visiting hours were over at the hospital, so I didn't even have to stop to cook. I was a lousy hostess, but the house was clean!

Sorry to say but NW Florida--i.e. better known as THE PANHANDLE--is rainy, damp and only 65. We lucked out and didn't get any of the possible tornadoes that were floating around and we badly needed the rain so we won't complain. Our local AF base was having a 2 day Air Show and entertainment this weekend, might not happen which is really too bad because they go all out for these shows and they are free.