ATX Community

TRX Called - Now two of their Packages are ATX

joelgilb

demo'ed Taxwise and just don't like it personally. Also, ATX offers tons of forms that I find extremely useful in the legal end of my practice, with the ability to costomize and almost make a mini legal package.

Downside to ATX has always been speed. Not the fastest program on the market. Also, other than TRx it was more reasonably priced

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my big question. IF I purchase TRX $699 ATX package, will all my returns roll from ATX 2008 to TRX ATX 2009? Anyone have any insight on that.

I use a lot of the ATX forms that are state and local, like NV Sales and Use, Sacramento County 571L, CA Sales and Use. I wonder if they will still be there?

Tom

Lodi, cA

Next questio is bank products? Do you have to go through the CCH site to process them like in ATX? Or do they have another way of working with the bank? Is that $10 charge in play with the TRX version?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am seriously looking at dumping ATX this year. I am looking at Drake, but if I can get ATX without the bank products headaches, I may go that way.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Next questio is bank products? Do you have to go through the CCH site to process them like in ATX? Or do they have another way of working with the bank? Is that $10 charge in play with the TRX version?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am seriously looking at dumping ATX this year. I am looking at Drake, but if I can get ATX without the bank products headaches, I may go that way.

Tom

Lodi, CA

In the 2 yrs that I have used TRX, I have NOT used any bank products thru them. It has worked out well for me. Upon the changeover to TRX from ATX, they had a conversion package that worked fairly well for me. I am sure they will do the same for whatever pakg they present next yr.

When TRX resold IntelliTax, I do believe they tacked on an additional amount to the bank charge. It was somewhat hidden from the preparer/taxpayer as it got included in one of the bank charges, so it was completely transparent. However, if you do a lot of bank products you definitely would want to ask if they have an additional charge there versus going through CCH.

Yup! It is the same software just packaged with TRX branding.

I am a TRX customer, Taxwise didn't work out for me...so I'm back on ATX through TRX.

Did you use the $299 or $699 version and if so what are the differences, their site does not really explain it. I always purchase at least Max and for a while purchased total tax office.

TRX $299 is which ATX package?

and TRX $699 is which ATX package?

Did you use the $299 or $699 version and if so what are the differences, their site does not really explain it. I always purchase at least Max and for a while purchased total tax office.

TRX $299 is which ATX package?

and TRX $699 is which ATX package?

That has been my big question since this thread started, and my intention has been to call TRX after 4/15 and just ask them. I've been getting ATX Max, to get the business returns and all the states -- seems every year I need a new oddball state or form. But I don't seem to lose the old ones as quickly. And having all the payroll forms makes it much easier to service some of my accounting clients. So I don't want to downgrade, for sure!

So if someone _knows already_ and is willing to post..... Or if no one does, I'll call and post the results here once they've told me.

Catherine

According to the renewal letter I received today from TRX they are offering the following:

TRX-Pro ATX.............................................................. TRX-Pro TW ATX

$299.00 + S&H .......................................................... $699.00 + S&H

All States .................................................................. Complete Office

Business Module......................................................... All States

Unlimited Fed e-file .................................................... Business Module

................................................................................ Business E-File

................................................................................ Unlimited Fed e-file

................................................................................ Trial Balance

................................................................................ Document Manager

I was also told today on the phone that they are trying to work out a deal with Drake as well but that isn't definite. They are also offering the same Taxwise packages as TY2008.

Gail

Gail, you stated unlimited fed e-file what about state e-file, either piggyback or alone? What about 1099's?

I know last year I looked at some other software packages that I liked the price but it did not have what I need. I only use a few 1099's, 1065's and 1041's so adding the PRS to Atx Office was okay for price. I also need the multiple license.

Gail, you stated unlimited fed e-file what about state e-file, either piggyback or alone? What about 1099's?

I know last year I looked at some other software packages that I liked the price but it did not have what I need. I only use a few 1099's, 1065's and 1041's so adding the PRS to Atx Office was okay for price. I also need the multiple license.

I just included exactly what was on the notice I received. I was told on the phone that the difference between TRX and ATX from CCH is that TRX e-filing is unlimited whereas CCH limits the 1040 Office to 100 e-files before charging additional. I can't imagine that doesn't include state filing but I don't know about 1099's as that may be an "add-on". When I was speaking to the rep I was telling her about the hoops I have had to jump through with Taxwise to file a return with 9 non-resident states and that I didn't have that problem last year with ATX and she didn't disagree.

Gail

Received a call from TRX today indicating that they are not only selling and rebundling Taxwise but also have 2 options for the ATX software. One is at $299 and then supposedly the full ATX is $699.

Not sure what the differences in the TRX offerings are yet or how it compares to what ATX sells directly. They did indicate that ATX would not provide support but that TRX would. Not that any of us would miss the level of support ATX has been giving us.

Anyone else heard of this offer? Any thoughts?

I was contacted by TRX and was quoted the same prices ($ 299 and $ 699). They claim that the $ 699 package is the same as ATX total office so it includes the MAX program plus accounting/client write-up, payroll, W-2/1099 payroll compliance, fixed asset manager and Scan & fill with Document Mangaer - all for $ 699 + $ 29.95 shipping. IF this is all true and the programs are exactly the same as what we are getting now from ATX directly, it sounds like a great deal. Support would be through TRX, but that may not be bad since ATX support is spotty at best. I would like get input from other ATX users and TRX users who purchased the ATX software from TRX. I am very seriously considering the scan & fill with document manager to eliminate copying client documents and putting everything in pdf. For those who have gone that route what scanner do you recommend? I assume it would be sheet fed for speed, but do you also need a flat bed feature for odd size documents? Any brands that you especially like? Price range? I know everyone is pushing hard to get finished with the season, but when you have opportunity, please post. Thanks!!

Only about 20 returns to go and I (think) I will be done!

I just got an email from TRX Alliance. [email protected] is my contact guy.

The TRX Pro ATX 299.00 is a good package. Just doesn't include efile of business returns.

the TRX Pro ATX 699.00 has more. Unlimited business efile is added as well as ATX Trail Balance software, and ATX Document Manager, and the 1099/W2 software.

And with TRX you get Tax and Tech Support. (not just software support but can actually ask Tax Questions of their CPA's and EA's working there.

I almost switched last year to save money... but I didn't really want to switch software's. I'm comfortable with ATX and it works well for my practice.

I know that ATX allowed 3 users with the software. Last year TRX said it was unlimited users for TaxWise thru them.

I will have to email Carlos and ask him how many users are allowed with their version of ATX.

Taxtrio

I just received a renewal proposal from ATX which appears to contain appox. a 10% increase over 2008. That said, I called TRX and discussed the ATX software that they are offering for 2009 @ $699. They are comparing their $699 product to ATX Total Tax Office @ $1,695

I asked the following questions:

Conversion will be required! As explained more like porting ATX to TRX platform, not a line by line detailed conversion.

E filing included free for all entities and all states.

No additional cost for network system. ATX charges 50% of license agreement per year.

Should be able to download original release and all updates similar to ATX.

No Kleinrock research included, will be available at additional cost?

I asked if they were going to do a comparison chart to what you get or don't get from ATX and they are in the process of compiling one.

We all know the old adage, "if it appears too good to be true", etc.

They have all of my contact info and I will keep all of you apprised of my progress.

Mike Dubin CPA

Received a call from TRX today indicating that they are not only selling and rebundling Taxwise but also have 2 options for the ATX software. One is at $299 and then supposedly the full ATX is $699.

Not sure what the differences in the TRX offerings are yet or how it compares to what ATX sells directly. They did indicate that ATX would not provide support but that TRX would. Not that any of us would miss the level of support ATX has been giving us.

Anyone else heard of this offer? Any thoughts?

I have been corresponding with Carlos at TRX....he is saying that this is the excact same software I am using now with ATX MAX.....This just seems too good to be true......$299.00 instead of $1,068.00?! Am I a fool to jump at this or a fool not to?

I, too, am pondering this turn of events. I thought I read that the $699 package included 1099/W-2 and business efile which would be like ATX MAX. Those are not, I thought I read, in the $299 package. Still, $699 vs $1068...

And yet, it is hard to believe there isn't something missing. And, as someone wrote earlier, if we all switch to TRX, where would the incentive be to continue ATX improvements or continue it at all?

How many customers does TRX have that they can get such a deal? What if they pull a switch? So many questions, and now is such a hard time to think straight!

I don't know how many customers TRX has, but it's a fair number. This may actually get ATX more (i.e. new) customers while saving them shipping costs. They just have to ship one CD (and lots of books) to TRX. TRX then ships to all the individual customers. There is a reason bulk rate pricing can work for everyone. ATX can increase sales without increasing customer support or sales staff.

I'm switching back to ATX next year (and staying with TRX). I left for price and customer support - not because of the software. Now I can get the best of both worlds.

I'm one of those that usually waits until the last minute to renew with anyone, but this year I renewed already with TRX and the ATX package.. The girl I talked to today said they got ATX included because SO many people didn't like Taxwise and let TRX know.

I've always had good support with TRX, and once the got their phone problem fixed, it's very easy to get thru.

CCH should know a good thing when they see it, let's hope.