ATX Community

Will you be switching to TRX?

JRS

Poll on switching to TRX  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying from TRX or ATX?

• I will be buying from TRX
    • I will be buying from ATX/CCH

If it's an acknowledgement, shouldn't it say just that? That I acknowledge that I am buying from TRX? That is NOT what it says.

Wendy

It's a "release" letter Wendy. I didn't write it so I don't know why it's worded as it is. Its purpose is to acknowledge your getting the software from TRX. If you have our money back guarantee then what's there to worry about?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a "release" letter Wendy. I didn't write it so I don't know why it's worded as it is. Its purpose is to acknowledge your getting the software from TRX. If you have our money back guarantee then what's there to worry about?

Back at you Braeden - If you have my check, why do you need an "acknowledgement".

zeke

I didn't get one either, just an e-mail "receipt" that I had joined TRX, and the ATX product I had "subscribed" to and my fee was deducted from the checking acct that I used to subscribe. If I NEED acknowledge that to ATX, please let me know, but, I am not under any type of contract with ATX that I must buy the product directly from them. When I first started using electronic products, I purchased ATX from Nelco, not from ATX itself.

AnnieR

They already have, Bill. What more are you wanting?

K.C. - The word "release" has a specific legal definition. that definition does not include "acknowledgment". Calling the former by the latter does not make it so.

I ask again - To whom is the "release" directed, and from what. If for their own internal purposes TRX should put their name in the top blank. If just an acknowledgment - reword the form. If it is not required at all, just say so.

IMHO

z

K.C. - The word "release" has a specific legal definition. that definition does not include "acknowledgment". Calling the former by the latter does not make it so.

I ask again - To whom is the "release" directed, and from what. If for their own internal purposes TRX should put their name in the top blank. If just an acknowledgment - reword the form. If it is not required at all, just say so.

IMHO

z

Zeke,

Yes the definitions of release and acknowledge are different. The release is individual specific for internal use between ATX and TRX. It's almost like a who's responsible for this client under the CCH umbrella.

Zeke,

Yes the definitions of release and acknowledge are different. The release is individual specific for internal use between ATX and TRX. It's almost like a who's responsible for this client under the CCH umbrella.

So then, correct me if I'm wrong. The way I am understanding all of this is that this release, acknowlegment, or whatever you want to call it is basically just a statement that we understand we are being serviced by TRX and not ATX? I could understand this because if we purchase the software from you and then expect ATX to do something if there is a problem, there stand is that we didn't buy from them. Any problems we have with the software is to be handled by TRX and this is what we are acknowleging, and releasing ATX from?

Deb!

I have not decided yet, my fear is a deal to good to be true usually is. I have for the most part had good luck with ATX and their service. But pulling the original ATX board still sticks in my gut.

To the 9 who state they will buy from ATX what reasons are you not choosing to go with TRX.

I will save about $1000.00 from my ATX renewal quote, which they are e-mailing and calling me to renew at this time.

Just wondering why 9 will not switch.

I'm not one of the nine, because I am still on the fence. I am definitely leaning toward ATX. I am still angry about them pulling that community away during tax season, but I still think that the product is good. I have never had any problems with customer service and when I have needed them, they have gone beyond what I need. I have some other reasons for not switching, but I'm not going to have myself get flamed for putting them here.

I just spoke with Doug about the release letter and It is part of our contract that needs to be completed for people who were with a CCH software in 08' and wish to go with TRX in 09'. It is a release acknowledging that you freely chose to go with TRX and that we did not just sign you up and bill you representing ourselves as a CCH product direct.

but I'm not going to have myself get flamed for putting them here.

This is not the 1st time someone has shied away from giving reasons for a decision saying they dont want to 'hear' the backlash later. Why do we have to be afraid to disagree with someone or something on this board? I thought this was supposed to be a place where we could discuss things freely.

Eli

Well I took the plunge today!

I signed up with TRX. So far with all the communication going on with them on this site, especially Braeden, it reminds me of the good old days with William and ATX. William was easily accessible and I feel that way with the various ones from TRX that seem to be on top of things and have tried to keep us informed on this site. There is a feel of personal interest and I like that.

Only time will tell how things turn out, but the way things have been going with ATX they could decide tomarrow to no longer carry our program just like when they decided to shut down the old forum or when they laid off support staff for us last year. I'm ready to try something different, especially when I will be using the same program. I love the money that I saved! It's been a really tight year and I can use all the extra savings I can get.

Deb!

One thing I decided that after shutting down the forum 2 years ago in the middle of the tax season, I will not buy software until december Because:

-The big corporation will do what ever they want to do.

-They can cancel/change the contract whenever they want like credit card company. Last year TRX gave different software than intellitax.

-If they go out of business, i become creditor last in line

-Saving 10% or few hundred dollors is sure good thing but trust is more important. I would rather do 2-3 extra tax return and make up the differance.

-We all advise that why to give tax free loan to IRS, same way why to give tax free loan to software company

-If the meaning of release form means ATX will not service the account then just print on the invoice as such. We are educated professionals and understand that if we buy from TRX then TRX will service it, not ATX.

-Why do we have to pay full price in April when product may be delivered in 8 months later

Just my openion.

I'm with you, barosser -- with slight differences.

First, I learned to loath one support-person, Lisa, as a brainless twit, this past Season.

Second, I received only two callbacks from the over-half-dozen returns I'd uploaded -- and it so seemed that uploading a return became a way of deferring my question that I stopped doing it.

Third, *none* of my posts to the revived ATX chatboard have been replied-to. So whatthe@#$% purpose does it serve, compared to when William and JoAnne &c. monitored it?!

The pluses I must acknowledge are 1) ATX's truly-comprehensive catalogue of national and state forms (and enough local returns for all my clients -- none of whom live in Ohio, for instance), 2) its rapid updating of every such form, 3) free efile (under TTO); 4) Kleinrock's libraries (under TTO), and 5) how ATX's support this year rebounded somewhat from that worst experience we all had, last year.

*IF* TRX could provide me points 1) through 4), I'd buy from it instead of CCH in an instant. I'd be extremely grateful to anyone who'd affirm that TRX's provision of individual (domestic & foreign), partnership, C- & S-corporation, fiduciary, non-profit, gift, payroll & sales-tax returns equals CCH/ATX's offering.

Very truly yours, TaxCPANY

I guess I go back to Loyalty. I have used the program since 2002 and have the back years to 1995. I have had good to great (as we look back in time) success with the Tech support at ATX. BUT since CCH has no loyalty to us as comsumers of their product why do they or should they expect us to be loyal to them. I will take the jump and save 1K. And will make another donation for the use of this board. I rarely post questions but I read as many as I can and learn alot from some really smart people and for that I am greatful. (I lost my mentor 2 years ago)

And if they shut down ATX.. then here I come Drake