ATX Community

Export into Excel

mdmcfarland

I think the real question that they are - or should be - asking is, "is there a conversion program that will take ATX to Ultra Tax?". I would put the onus back on them and tell them they will have to talk to Creative Solutions support for that. I looked into converting from ATX to Ultra Tax at one point, and, but for some botched communication between CS and myself, I would have made the switch. But as is usually the case, things have a way of working themselves out. I am glad now that it did not work out. But CS will have a conversion program available after the new ATX is released in November or December. At least that was the way it was the year that I looked into it.

We have sold our tax business. The new owners use Creative Solutions in their office. We have used ATX Max that last 5 years. They called and wanted to know if we can export to Excel through our tax program. I can't seem to find it out on my own. Can anybody help me with the answer?

I don't see any way to export the depreciation info. Although there is a way to import from the ATX Fixed Asset Manager program, so perhaps you might call CCH and ask them if it is possible to pull info into that program from the tax software. If so, they could get that, [it costs only $400], then use the FA Manager to create the spreadsheet?

I thought ATX was a spreadsheet based program. Can't you export to Excel? I use ProSystem fx and can import Excel spreadsheets into most places and export to Excel from most places. However, I agree that CS probably provides a conversion program or will convert ATX returns to Ultra Tax. And then, the new owners can do whatever they usually do to export the depreciation schedule or detail from CS to Excel.