ATX Community

Why Doesn't ATX Offer on Line Backup?

ICOUNT

There are a number of ads for online backup. As a suggestion I would think that ATX would consider offering such a service.

PS

Would like to have a complete drive backup.

ICOUNT,

Large capacity external drives that can be used for backup purposes can be gotten for not much money. You could also use them for other than backup purposes.

Wayne Brasch

Actually, they still do. They also have their own forum on here, if you just look for it.

As for the backup services, I'd rather have an outside service than have CCH controlling all parts of my records. As mentioned, they can be rather arbitrary about changing their minds about what they offer us, as we all know. Besides, as mentioned, hard drives have become so reasonable, it's not expensive to have your own external backup drive if you don't trust anyone else. Most of us, though, use belt AND suspenders, using both our own backup drives AND VMS, Carbonite, Mozzy, etc.

Good one, John. I'm all for redundant solutions when it comes to tax information I'm responsible for on behalf of my clients. I backup going along to a flash. Have an external backup overnight that I could grab and run or plug into my husband's computer and be back in business. But, I also have an overnight backup up at VMS. One problem with being a single member LLC working from home is that I have no other place to park a backup that I can get to in an emergency. Bank safety deposit box is fine for long-term archives, but not for current files I might need outside of banking hours if/when my computer crashes or I trash a critical file. Call the good folks up at VMS.