ATX Community

NT-Really pleasant surprise

GERALD

We all have our pita clients, but sometimes it is nice to be reminded of the good ones.

Friday night, my wife and I went to a small town a few miles away to eat at an old fashioned, family run diner, widely known for good "country cooking". We had been there awhile when I saw a long time client and his wife being seated on the other side of the diner. We smiled and waved at each other, and went ahead and finished our meal. I asked the waitress for the check and she said it was "taken care of", and pointed to the client.

We went over to thank them and mildly protest, but he said " you deserve a little extra for taking care of us all these years" and his wife said "yes, we have to take care of our taxman". Mind you, this was the same older couple (anybody older than me is getting on up there) who sat in my office two weeks ago and wrote checks for over 6k for 2006 and their first quarter estimates.

What a pleasant way to wind up tax season.

Gerald

I have a pita that always brings me flowers and chocolate when he drops off his return on the 13th or 14th. He also takes off his cap and throws that in my office before coming in. lol

He has done this for years and years. I just have learned to accept it. File his extension and get to it when I can..

Ya gotta love some of them..

Marge

Funny you should mention the hat business. I have an older gentleman who did that for years. When I asked him why, he said to find out if I was going to shoot first and ask questions later!!! Always on the 12th-14th. Wonderful fellow, other than procrastinating on his taxes. A high school teacher of mine. I get his info earlier now because he has fairly advanced Parkinsons and his son and daughter-in-law take care of all his financial affairs, but he still insists on coming with them when they bring his info.

I was talking to him one time about something he needed to plan for in the year ahead and he told me " Son, at my age I don't even buy green bananas".