ATX Community

efile

engelsheenz

I read that last IRS drain on the 15th is 11 a.m.; however, time stamp will still say 15 October through midnight local time. I'd check with your software or third-party transmitter for the details that apply to YOUR situation.

until this afternoon, i thought this was how atx/cch did it...the time stamp thing after the drain on april or october 15. maybe i am remembering how old atx did it...or maybe i am wrong all the way around.

this 10/15 pm, atx/cch support told me (after conferring with someone else) that an atx/cch timely return needed to make the 11 am ET drain. this was somewhat confirmed by a helpful fellow at the irs ehelp desk (1 866 255 0654).

this can't be right atx/cch...if it is, it is very wrong...mail beats efile?

luckily (i hope), i was able to scramble and get my balance due return mailed under a 10/15 postmark (as recommended by the ehelp guy)...but i now have an efiled and a mailed return in the works to sort out later...LOL.

lion - i wonder if prosysfx/cch has a different efile story than atx/cch. the atx support did not tell me anything about the time stamp...only that timely ment hitting the 11am ET drain. in fact, she acted like this was the first time she had heard of a time stamp thing. it seems to me, this would be a very common Q&A.

gene - me too. the balance due efile i transmitted on 10/15 at 4:30pm CT (posting on efile manager as 5:30pm ET) was accepted today in my ack...but the accepted date is 10/16@12am. my thinking is the irs would only accept a return that was considered filed on 10/15 (regardless of the final 10/16 acceptance date).

my last accepted return was my own CT return accepted 16 October, but it went with my federal and IL returns which were accepted 15 October and 14 October. I'm assuming CT is NOT late, but CT sends out letters immediately if they access a late filing penalty or additional day's interest or have any other underpayment issues, so I'll know pretty quickly if CT considers my return timely filed.