ATX Community

Guardian Tax Software

learnmore

I, too, will never again purchase through a 'service bureau' such as TRX or Guardian. I was among the 500 (or so) who met the TRX 4/30 deadline to purchase ATX TTO at a bargain. I'd been using the software for several years and was happy to get in on a price break.

BUT, the aggravations I've had since then are definitely not worth it, in hindsight. Now, my other subscription (TaxScripts) has me branded as 'through TRX' so it took several phone calls and emails to get that renewal set up and working properly.

And now, I would like to have prior years of ATX MAX (2001 - 2004) and ATX won't sell them to me since I'm branded as a 'TRX' customer and I'll have to call TRX. TRX says they don't have the programs and I'll have to call ATX. Once I explained that I'd already called ATX they said they'd see what they could do, and it would be at no charge. Now I know that ATX charges $100 for the CD with all prior years on it. I'm not holding my breath for these older programs.

I've decided Intelliconnect is NOT for me. I just can't stand that a research product requires hours of tutorials in order to adequately use it. So I've already purchased a subscription to Tax Analysts research. I'd investigated RIA and BNA, but they were both out of my budget. So, next year its still ATX but with the MAX program and not TTO.

PS and if anyone has the name and phone number at ATX for me to call directly to purchase the 2001-2004 tax programs I'd really appreciate it. This runaround really 'gets my goat'.

Lynn Jacobs, EA, NP

Kenner, LA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic