ATX Community

Restore Problem ATX 2008

Art

I received & installed the 2008 Archive release. I then went back to open the program and none of my returns came up. I followed the instructions to restore my files the start menu. The restore function seemed to work fine, but the files still are not there. Any ideas what to do?

Number one, you should not install the archive disk, unless you need to replace your program for some reason. What you do with that disk is store it for when you need to install the program on your new computer. Of you have updated regularly, your program was up to date already.

That said, you must have installed it differently or it would have done nothing. Don't panic and do anything to mess it up. Do a search and find out where your program is, and where your database files are, then use the browse button in the program to tell it where to find the files. They are still there, your program just does not know where to find them.

From the ATX Support:

Problem: You have reinstalled ATX and suddenly all of your returns no longer show in Return Manager.

Cause: You have ATX installed to a network drive. You then reinstall from the CD but it reinstalls the software to C:\Program Files\ instead of the network location. This will typically happen when you have installed ATX to C:\Program Files\ initially and then moved the ATX2008 folder to a network drive without running NetSetup.exe again.

Solution: Run X:\ATX2008\NetSetup\NetSetup.exe (where X:\ is the network drive). Afterwards, the necessary files should be updated to point to the correct location for the reinstall. Just reinstall from the CD again. It is also a good idea to go back and delete the copy of ATX2008 that got installed to C:\Program Files\. This will prevent any confusion later on.

Additional Information: Once you have selected Custom Installation, the first time you install ATX, you will no longer be able to select which location ATX installs to. The software will continue to remember where it was last installed to. The only way to get this option back is to uninstall and then reinstall.

Brannan Edwards

ATX - Technical Subject Matter Expert

I did NOT install ATX on a net work drive. The original installation from the CD went to the default directory on the C drive. When I got the Archive CD the instructions said to install the archive CD and then keep it with my original install disk,ect. When I installed the archive CD it asked for the install codes and proceeded to install to the default directory on the C drive. I am not follwing your instructions below. Can you please contact me directly at [email protected].

thank you

From the ATX Support:

Problem: You have reinstalled ATX and suddenly all of your returns no longer show in Return Manager.

Cause: You have ATX installed to a network drive. You then reinstall from the CD but it reinstalls the software to C:\Program Files\ instead of the network location. This will typically happen when you have installed ATX to C:\Program Files\ initially and then moved the ATX2008 folder to a network drive without running NetSetup.exe again.

Solution: Run X:\ATX2008\NetSetup\NetSetup.exe (where X:\ is the network drive). Afterwards, the necessary files should be updated to point to the correct location for the reinstall. Just reinstall from the CD again. It is also a good idea to go back and delete the copy of ATX2008 that got installed to C:\Program Files\. This will prevent any confusion later on.

Additional Information: Once you have selected Custom Installation, the first time you install ATX, you will no longer be able to select which location ATX installs to. The software will continue to remember where it was last installed to. The only way to get this option back is to uninstall and then reinstall.

Brannan Edwards

ATX - Technical Subject Matter Expert

Yes, I did unfortunately. I have since got the program to recognize the folder where my 2008 returns reside. The only problem was that the program did not update the forms so I had to go back and update all of the forms manually.

When I installed the archive CD it asked for the install codes

Did you enter the install codes? This is an update so you would just press enter to proceed.