ATX Community

Acknowledgements of 1099-Misc

Pat

Thank you - just wanted to be sure that ATX was efiling them even if it's later than sooner. Pat

I've been waiting for responses too, Pat. But I did recall from last year that they do take a while. W-2's never change from "Created" status, though, since they go through AccuWage and then are filed with the SSA and don't go through the EFC at CCH. (Is that enough acronyms for one sentence? Sheesh!)

I've been waiting for responses too, Pat. But I did recall from last year that they do take a while. W-2's never change from "Created" status, though, since they go through AccuWage and then are filed with the SSA and don't go through the EFC at CCH. (Is that enough acronyms for one sentence? Sheesh!)

Thank you Catherine. Lots of acronyms. I usually file W-2's thru the SSA website. To me, it's lots easier and at least I know they have been accepted.

Well, yes, that's what I meant. Prep in ATX, check them for errors with AccuWage, then log in at the SSA and file there. But that process puts a "Created" efile in the ATX efile manager, which then just sits there doing nothing. That's all I meant.

But perhaps you actually fill the W-2's out online at the SSA. I like going through the error check first to make sure I haven't messed anything up or missed anything.