ATX Community

NT: Good Security Program Deal

tilt

I got this from a tech newletter I subscribe to and wanted to pass it along if it's of any interest.

WinPatrol Plus for Under a Buck

One of my favorite security programs can be had for under a buck. Yep, the current version of WinPatrol, normally $30, will cost you a mere 99 cents.

This is a one-day only experiment starting at midnight EST on Jan 29th and will last 24 hours. It will be available at WinPatrol.com. The 99 cent license will be good for life. The FAQ and other details are on WinPatrol author Bill Pytlovany's blog.

"LOL -- I can't believe that's the most often question asked," said Bill when I questioned him about the timing. To clear it up, Bill said, "on Thursday night at midnight, I'll be in bed. A little batch file will automatically flip the switch so the price will be 99 cents. The bottom line is every minute of Eastern Standard Time that exists throughout January 29 will have the experimental pricing." So there.

Ladies and gents, this is not a scam -- and a deal you ought not to pass up.