ATX Community

third party designee

ljwalters

This is the only return doing this, But with new client the third party designee if checke yes will not let me creat the Efile. It claimes there is an error missing preparers 5 digit pen and preparers phone number. Everything is listed on the paid preparer's line as usual. Has anyone else had this problem TODAY? Yesterday it worked just fine.

Stressed and agitated in CA

Linda and buddy

Do a search for the history both here in Chat and in E-file. The solution: either uncheck the box or keep the check and type in your name, telephone, and PIN. IRS has gotten serious about us not using the generic Preparer.

What five digit pen are they talking about. my ptin is 9 digits counting the P.

Linda

Go to IRS.gov and subscribe to QuickAlerts. It's a wealth of information. It's under Tax Professionals. There are other subscriptions available that might suit your practice. Be the first on your block to know when the IRS is having trouble or pulling returns or adding a new reject code.

What five digit pen are they talking about. my ptin is 9 digits counting the P.

Linda

Linda....I use the last five digits of my PTIN... Now, isn't that strange. Out of 178 e-files so far, this morning I had ny first reject, for that very same reason.

I really do need another tax preparer in the office. We were pretty well maxed out last year and the amount of new clients we have gotten so far this year will be putting us into some seriously long(er) days to get them all done by April 15th. My stack is bigger than it has ever been and I am already working 80 to 100 hours per week. Startin to get burned out and we aren't even close to the 15th yet. I hope to find someone by next tax season.