ATX Community

Efile Rejection Days Later... Help!

miatax

I e-filed a few 7004's on 3/12/10 and checked back days later and they still showed transmitted to agency. These returns were rolled over and there were no errors. Now I check and 4 were rejected by the agency and ATX shows an IRS acknowledgment date of 3/13/10. I checked on the 16th or 17th and they still showed as 'transmitted to agency'.

EFile Rejection is as follows:

"Taxpayer EIN in the return header must not be the same as EIN of a previously accepted electronic return for the return type and tax period and Type of Return Code indicated for the tax return type. "

What do I do now??? I am a bit frustrated. I can't even find the problem to these rejected extensions! It's my fault for relying on ATX for these simple extensions which I would've never thought would be rejected by IRS!

Please help. This never happened to me before. Should I and how can I re-submit? Now I am going to have to pay penalties for these 4 clients.. CRAP!!!!

How can I check the last time I opened ATX to receive acknowledgements besides today?

I transmitted all 4 at the same time but I never selected anywhere to submit as a batch.

Now that I printed out the acknowledgment histories, I am noticing that the DCN number on these returns are all the same.

I am also noticing that I filed two more extensions on 3/15/10 and they were accepted. I definitely know that on 3/15/10, the others still showed as 'transmitted to agency', so it's not right that the ACK Status date on these 4 now show 3/13/10.

Wasn't there some sort of issue with the ATX servers for a day or two in mid-March? I remember this because I had one 7004 that I filed around the 10th, and then saw an issue with the servers around the 13th-15th that made me glad I'd filed that 7004 when I did.

The ATX support site only says that on 3/18, one batch of efiles was resent to the Kansas City processing center. What's odd is how all 4 of your efiles have the same DCN on them. Unless you reset the counter before each one, it sounds like a problem with ATX.

I'd still check with e-services. Perhaps as michaelmars suggests, that the first ones were accepted.

I called IRS E-Services and according to the rep, all of these 4 were accepted. The rep told me to call the tax software company to see how I can get the ack confirmations. As of now, they still all show 'rejected by agency'. I'm on hold with ATX now.