ATX Community

Prayers please

bstaxes

I have being seeing doctors since before Christmas. I have had CT scan, biopies, and 6 doctors later, it is determined that I have an enlarge thyroid, small cell cancer on my lungs, and a tumor on the kidney. I will be having surgery to remove the thyroid on April 21. The doctors may have to open the breastbone (like open heart surgery) because the mass is very large and pressing on my windpipe. At least it is after tax season.

My mind has not always been on taxes this year and I may have asked odd questions or given odd answers. I am sorry.

Will post after the surgery hopefully with good news.

My sincere best wishes for a great outcome. You have my sympathy for what you have been going through. I, too, found taxes to be taxing this year as my husband passed away in early Dec. and I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Jan. I wasn't concerned for myself as I knew it was a minor distraction but I was very concerned for our children who really had been having a tough time after losing their father and didn't need anything to add to it. I have had surgery and am now cancer free so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. MM

My goodness, bs, it speaks to the depth of your distraction that you even THINK that you have to apologize to this group. We are all brothers and sisters here and are not afraid to carry each other's burdens. That has been evidenced over and over. I read your post and my heart got heavy. And then I read Margaret's post and my heart got heavy. I weep for the both of you. This is a brutal business, make no mistake about it. And it can be very unforgiving. I pray for a minimal amount of distractions during tax season because, frankly, I am not sure how I could function at all with the kinds of distraction you two are carrying. So, even so, I pray for you now.

Oh Lord, my Lord, how majestic is Your name - in all of the earth. You were there before there was time. And You will be there when time is no more. I thank You for that, O God. Father, one of Your children here is hurting - nay, Father, many of Your children are hurting or tired. My prayer Father, is that each of us would take time even now, even this moment, to pause and reflect on how good You are. But Father, I do pray for BS. I pray Father for resolution to that situation. Obviously there has been a great deal of the "unknown" in the situation. I pray that You, O God, will give BS that peace that simply can not be understood, but for the fact that it can only be found in Christ Jesus, our Lord. Please watch over BS now and in the days to come as the surgery is anticipated. I pray for quick and thorough healing. But nevertheless, Father, I pray that Your will be done. Guide each of us, O Lord, in the way to go and help us to be ever mindful of Your great provision. And help us to be ever mindful, that our time here is but for a fleeting moment, and then we continue for an eternity. Father, I thank You for hearing my prayer. And I will be careful to give YOU all of the praise and all of the glory. For Thou art worthy to be praised! I pray these things in the name of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ! Amen and amen!

Best wishes to all. I too had a few serious problems in 2008 and was close to packing it in. I asked God for an extension (hey, it works with the IRS) and I'm hanging in there quite nicely with one kidney although it is only working at 50%.

Remember, only the good die young so the majority of this board should live a long life! :~)

taxbilly

It is good that we all lift up each other because, as evidenced by these posts, many are suffering without telling others for whatever the reason. MargaretMort and bstaxes, thank you for sharing so that we can put names and personalities to our thoughts and prayers. We all celebrate together and we share burdens and sorrows. As was said, this is more than just a community, it is an extended family.

BS, I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I will be praying for you and hope you have a full recovery.

MargaretMort, I'm sorry to read your news as well. I'm sorry for the loss of your husband, your cancer and treatment. Thank you for sharing that you are cancer free. I will pray that you continue in good health with no reoccurrence.

My prayers are with all on this board who have had or are having health or other difficulties. We all feel as though we know each other and we all certainly care for each other. I had a client die last week who sat in my office on March 23 with complete optimism that he was in total remission. Last week, my cousin was found dead at 57 of a heart attack. I have had a few issues myself and over the years, KC and others have shared their pain with us. It is all about caring and sharing. Peace and God Bless all of you.

To bstaxes and MM.

My Prayers also for you now and continuing.

Suggestion for all of us. Put a reminder in Outlook. I have one person for whom I set a reminder to pop up every two hours. Different people and their needs are worthy of varying time intervals. It only takes a minute or two, but it is a CONSTANT, REGULAR reminder to Pray.

The other suggestion is for MM and bstaxes - Take it to the Lord in Prayer - often. And spend time in God's Word. He will comfort and strengthen you as you trust Him.

Our prayers are wth you also, but I'm certain there will be intervention that willpreserve your happy life after a successful recovery. Like Taxbilly, I'm also running on 4 cylinders but persisting. I'm certain that all the prayers and thoughts on this board will assist tremendously for both of you.