ATX Community

ATX website is down

NECPA in NEBRASKA

I am worried. I just sent a return and it says it was transmitted, but then it says it cannot process acks.

This is why we love this job.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Same here. The efiles say they are transmitted, but no acks. just a few minutes ago. I am already fried and ready for a nervous breakdown. i really don't need this.

Joan

Doesn't this happen every year, or is it just my imagination? If I did efile, I think I'd switch to paper the last week just to avoid this type of hassle. Guess I'll have to figure out what to do by next tax season anyhow - personally I'm still hoping for an opt-out form or a small fine I can just add to the client's bill & keep paper filing.

ATX site re-directed via blogspot. This was posted:

Update: 11:00 PM EST

We are in the process of rebooting the database. During this time you will not have access to the Support Sites. We are still receiving your inbound e-files. Once the database is back online, we will bring up the "send to IRS" processors in order to get as many e-files as we can batched and sent to the IRS by the 2 AM drains. Once we finish sending to the IRS, we will start up our outbound processors.

----------------------------------------

Still down this morning.

" website/application is temporarily down for maintenance.

This website/application has been taken offline, We are experiencing a technical problem with our Oracle database. We have temporarily halted e-file transmissions until we have resolved the problem.

For more information, please visit: http://myatx.blogspot.com/"

Still down and I'm getting a "fatal error prevents further communication with the servers at this time" message. Very comforting - NOT.

However, they did take in one last extension this morning. I'm content with that (and it's why I try to have extensions filed by 4/10, but I didn't know these folks were coming back 'til last night).

Every year, some company (or the IRS) has server problems on the 14th & 15th. And every year, the IRS gives special dispensation for returns and extensions that got caught in the mess. So I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Catherine

Still down and I'm getting a "fatal error prevents further communication with the servers at this time" message. Very comforting - NOT.

However, they did take in one last extension this morning. I'm content with that (and it's why I try to have extensions filed by 4/10, but I didn't know these folks were coming back 'til last night).

Every year, some company (or the IRS) has server problems on the 14th & 15th. And every year, the IRS gives special dispensation for returns and extensions that got caught in the mess. So I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Catherine

If that turns out to be the case, how do we go about getting this special dispensation?

Re: fatal error prevents further communication with the servers at this time" message

It seems like the e-files are transmitting, and I then get the above message when the acks are requested. I'm hoping that means that the e-filed returns and extensions are sending.

As Catherine mentioned, this has happened before and we were okay as long as the e-files were transmitted by the ERO timely.

You early birds put me to shame. I still have way too many extensions and returns to get out today. I know better, but just don't seem to learn my lesson. I need to do an earlier cut-off date. Maybe this year's situation will cure me. Naaah, not likely. Old dog, new trick.

Usually the transmitter does all the heavy lifting with the IRS, which usually accepts the date stamp of your submission as the date filed. I use ProSystem fx, and it was not receiving very briefly last night. Although my extensions from last night now say Transmitted, it gives today's date and only the earlier two say Accepted. I really tried sending all my extensions a week ago, but kept getting interrupted by "urgent" client phone calls so kept postponing. I'd even written it in on my calendar. Next year I'm writing it in even earlier, letting the phone go to voice mail, and pounding out extensions at least a week early! I can return calls that evening. Good luck everyone! Get through today and enjoy a long weekend.