ATX Community

ATX renewal

Joann

Good morning all. I went with TRX last year and had the Max package. I called ATX

this morning about renewal and the salesman said he would have to call me back. He did so in about a half hour. The Max price is $1154 this year and they are giving me

a discount of 40% which brings it to $692.40 and then the shipping is $69 and another charge of $46.77, so bottom line is $807.77. I am going to do this rather than have

to adjust to a different program. I really thought they would stick it to us this year, but I am very happy with this.

Joann

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just talked with them, too. I was offered the same deal, but had to say "No."

I really prefer ATX over any other program I've used, but I don't do but 1 or 2 business returns. My preference is the 1040 package, but with efile fees at $6 fed/state, it's just too expensive. I do lower-end average Joes that don't have a lot of confidence in keeping up with the changes, so try to keep my fees low.

I'm going to have to go with TRX and change my attitude and learn a new program, I guess.

I've done 2 returns on TRX's program, and it took a long time, but I've got all summer to play with it. I just hope they don't keep switching programs every year or two.

I really prefer ATX over any other program I've used, but I don't do but 1 or 2 business returns. My preference is the 1040 package, but with efile fees at $6 fed/state, it's just too expensive. I do lower-end average Joes that don't have a lot of confidence in keeping up with the changes, so try to keep my fees low.

I'm going to have to go with TRX and change my attitude and learn a new program, I guess.

I've done 2 returns on TRX's program, and it took a long time, but I've got all summer to play with it. I just hope they don't keep switching programs every year or two.

Cathyan-

Did you also go with TRX for your ATX needs last year? If not, I'm wondering whether they will give that 40% off to all MAX users. I have been and would really gobble up that deal.

Bob Hoffman

Bob, I called and they have 4 people handling all the users of TRX from last year. Troy, with whom I spoke, said they are offering special deals for all of us. It depends on the package wanted. He will be calling back. I don't want all the extra stuff I had with TRX - never used it. I just want MAX again. I called because the TRX doesn't have all the Ohio munis and, when I tried to prepare a really simple return, I just didn't like it at all.

Originally I was going to buy it just in case and work with it over the summer not really expecting a break from CCH. With a cost of $800 something, it's worth it to me. As Cathyann pointed out, there is the possibility of TRX switching programs again next year or every other year. I would like to believe that CCH is sticking with the ATX program a while longer with all the improvements they have made. Also, if they are offering good deals for returning defectors like me, I expect them to be around a while.

I'll let you know my good deal. I'm hoping it's as good as Joann's!

Bob, I called and they have 4 people handling all the users of TRX from last year. Troy, with whom I spoke, said they are offering special deals for all of us. It depends on the package wanted. He will be calling back. I don't want all the extra stuff I had with TRX - never used it. I just want MAX again. I called because the TRX doesn't have all the Ohio munis and, when I tried to prepare a really simple return, I just didn't like it at all.

Originally I was going to buy it just in case and work with it over the summer not really expecting a break from CCH. With a cost of $800 something, it's worth it to me. As Cathyann pointed out, there is the possibility of TRX switching programs again next year or every other year. I would like to believe that CCH is sticking with the ATX program a while longer with all the improvements they have made. Also, if they are offering good deals for returning defectors like me, I expect them to be around a while.

I'll let you know my good deal. I'm hoping it's as good as Joann's!

Thank you, Margaret. I really appreciate your information.

Dang, I am really feeling left out. I did not take advantage of TRX offer last year, and because I stuck with ATX, I won't get the 40% off this year. I missed the boat.

Tom

Lodi, CA

In my opinon, I think that ATX should give all of you the 40% discount.

you should all get together and demand it from them. :dunno: :dunno:

Dang, I am really feeling left out. I did not take advantage of TRX offer last year, and because I stuck with ATX, I won't get the 40% off this year. I missed the boat.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Jeeze, Tom, I am truly feeling left out. I went with TRX last year and ATX has NOT called me yet for this year. What to do?? What to do????

Maribeth

Jeeze, Tom, I am truly feeling left out. I went with TRX last year and ATX has NOT called me yet for this year. What to do?? What to do????

Maribeth

Maribeth, ATX did not contact me either. I called them this morning to see what

they wanted for the MAX program. He called me back in a half hour and gave me the info.

Joann

They didn't call me either - I don't think! When I get a toll free call, I usually pick up the phone and say "I don't buy anything over the phone" and hang up before they have a chance to say anything. I know that might not be very smart, but I get awfully tired of telemarketers. They don't notify you over the telephone if you win the sweepstakes, do they?

Cathyann,

I tried to take TRX's ATX program last year, signed up and paid before April 15, and somehow my data got "lost", so I found out in November that I wasn't going to be able to get the program through TRX, took another month to get my money refunded, but that's another story...and why I would never go with TRX. Anyway, when I called ATX to order the 1040 program, I was told that I could order the unlimited e-file for $200, as long as I bought it before I had e-filed the 100 free e-files. I did it that way, because I too do a lot of e-files and that saved me a lot of money.

AnnieR

Maribeth, ATX did not contact me either. I called them this morning to see what

they wanted for the MAX program. He called me back in a half hour and gave me the info.

Joann

What was the amount of the quote? Are we really going to be penalized for being loyal or "late to the TRX trough" last year?

Bob Hoffman

Jack,

That "myth" came from a CCH support tech who was on the board for a short time eariler this year. I think she said that it would be 2 more years was the rumor floating around CCH SFS.

Tom

Lodi, CA

They could never combine the 2 programs, one is an Excel spreadsheet program and the other a menu driven program.

What all is included in the ATX MAX program? Does it include unlimited free efile? I know that they offer the unlimited efile for the first 100 efiles then charge more for efiles after the first 100 efiles. I went with TRX for the 2008 tax year because of the price and because I was familiar with Taxwise using it during my tenure with the IRS. But I like ATX more because it is more user friendly than Taxwise. Last year I did what a lot of others here at ATX Community did and purchased the ATX through TRX because I liked the price, only paid about $500 for the 2009 ATX program with unlimited efiles, and unlimited everything else at no extra charge. I am wanting to continue with ATX again for 2010 but I don't like the price and don't like paying for the efiles that are filed over 100. I got an email this morning from TRX offering the $599 package for only $299 with unlimited everything and it includes everything that the $599 package has, but I have to buy it BEFORE May 01 or it's too late. I just don't know if there will be any other good offers from ATX down the road before the end of the year. ATX hasn't contacted me so far this year and I have been with them since 2002 except for the 2008 year. Looks like I'm going with TRX again this year because of the price and the package unless ATX can offer something better before Satuday.

Okay, I finally got my offer - 40% off. I went with MAX as per every year since 1997. I have no idea if I will get stiffed then next year but I could be dead then, too. For now I feel very lucky to have had the benefit (with the risk) of the TRX cost for last year and the generous 'come home' offer from ATX this year. This is about $100 more for less but I didn't use any other part of TTO but MAX. I still feel lucky.

And I didn't get a call - I initiated the contact but Troy was very nice about the whole thing. They are expecting quite a few returnees, I think, and are welcoming us back.

Okay, I finally got my offer - 40% off. I went with MAX as per every year since 1997. I have no idea if I will get stiffed then next year but I could be dead then, too. For now I feel very lucky to have had the benefit (with the risk) of the TRX cost for last year and the generous 'come home' offer from ATX this year. This is about $100 more for less but I didn't use any other part of TTO but MAX. I still feel lucky.

And I didn't get a call - I initiated the contact but Troy was very nice about the whole thing. They are expecting quite a few returnees, I think, and are welcoming us back.

It looks like CCH is rewarding those who abandoned them last year for TRX and stiffing those of us who were either loyal (or scared to change vendors). I guess I don't know for sure because I have heard nothing from them this year for 2010 software prices.

Bob Hoffman

Bob, you're right. Those of us who didn't jump ship last year to TRX are only getting a 10% discount, not

the 40% that the TRX people are getting.

Doesn't seem fair, does it?

OH WELL

Depressed Booger

OH WELL, PHOOEY!!!

That really pees me off. We should band together and form a co-op buying group ( Just like TRX last yer) and see if CCH will deal with us.

Ok - -I figured - -what the heck - -I'll give em a call - -I never got over to TRX last year - -and have been with ATX - -for - - -EVER - -and after waiting on hold for a few minutes - -I inquired as to the discounts that were being offered - - -told in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS - -that NOBODY was getting anything other than the 10% discount - - put in my place I was - - -

Soooooooooooooo - - -hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gotta think about this for a bit.

Hope others have better luck!

Bob and Booger, I think you should call and negotiate! Remind them that you stayed with them when we deserted the ship, rats that we were... It's worth a call, I should think. If they refuse to budge, well, that isn't good customer service. I honestly didn't expect a deal but have paid full price for 11 years before last year so feel somewhat mollified that I 'deserve' it.

Ok - -I figured - -what the heck - -I'll give em a call - -I never got over to TRX last year - -and have been with ATX - -for - - -EVER - -and after waiting on hold for a few minutes - -I inquired as to the discounts that were being offered - - -told in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS - -that NOBODY was getting anything other than the 10% discount - - put in my place I was - - -

Soooooooooooooo - - -hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gotta think about this for a bit.

Hope others have better luck!

Keep thinking, Terry. I telling you this is what will drive me away from this company. This is really a lousy way to treat your customers.