ATX Community

ATX renewal

Joann

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What all is included in the ATX MAX program? Does it include unlimited free efile? I know that they offer the unlimited efile for the first 100 efiles then charge more for efiles after the first 100 efiles. I went with TRX for the 2008 tax year because of the price and because I was familiar with Taxwise using it during my tenure with the IRS. But I like ATX more because it is more user friendly than Taxwise. Last year I did what a lot of others here at ATX Community did and purchased the ATX through TRX because I liked the price, only paid about $500 for the 2009 ATX program with unlimited efiles, and unlimited everything else at no extra charge. I am wanting to continue with ATX again for 2010 but I don't like the price and don't like paying for the efiles that are filed over 100. I got an email this morning from TRX offering the $599 package for only $299 with unlimited everything and it includes everything that the $599 package has, but I have to buy it BEFORE May 01 or it's too late. I just don't know if there will be any other good offers from ATX down the road before the end of the year. ATX hasn't contacted me so far this year and I have been with them since 2002 except for the 2008 year. Looks like I'm going with TRX again this year because of the price and the package unless ATX can offer something better before Satuday.

ATX MAX does offer unlimited Efile - at least they did for the 2009 program.

I am so sorry and surprised to hear that! How rude and stupid on their part, in my opinion. I cannot fathom the rationale for not offering at least a bit more. But what do I know about marketing and customer service? I guess I should just be grateful that my bet paid off, at least this time. I did take a risk last year that could have had a bad outcome. I got lucky...

I purchased ATX last year through TRX. Was really thinking about going only with TRX this year, but the learning curve was a bit much. Didn't want to spend all summer learning a new program. Called ATX, told them I wanted to renew, that I had purchased ATX through TRX last year, and was given the 40% discount. So, am good for at least one more year.

Diane

I can see both sides of the discount issue. It's kinda like a city exempting a restaurant chain from sales tax for a certain period of time to encourage them to open a restaurant in their city. It helps the city to grow, but it means that the other restaurants in the city are financing the city to bring in another restaurant to compete against them. That has happened several times in my city.

I feel like chopped liver. I called ATX they quoted me $1154 with 10% discount. Of course they are kidding. I told them I had ATX since the 1990's and last year I had ATX through TRX. This is the renewal cost. Jake, the saleman, told me to tell him what I could afford and he would take it to his manager if I gave him my credit card today. Sorry, Mama did not raise a dummy. Told him TRX is offering at $299 with business and unlimited e-file. I don't like to haggle give me your best price to start with.

I was also thinking if I go with ATX how much more will the business portion be in the next years when businesses have to file 1099's (that includes me and you). Maybe I can learn a new program over the summer. TRX has free conversions and will help walk you through their program. Maribel is a nice salesperson at TRX.

Got only 3 days to make a decision. How I hate to rush.

Yes, bstaxes, try again. Call the sales line and use extension 1307. That's Troy. Explain to him that you are in the TRX group and want to return to ATX (if, in fact, you do). MAX includes the 1099's so I don't understand why you think the business portion would increase so much.

You might very well learn the new program over the summer. There are others here who will be doing just that. I'm sure there will be plenty of support among this same family. For me, at 64, I just decided that the extra $500 was worth it. Others may not make that same choice. If I had to do it, I could have learned the new program and, at $299 for life, the price is unbeatable. But will it be the same program in future years? Hasn't TRX had 3 different programs in as many years?

It's a tough choice to be sure. But give a call to Troy. He's an Ohio State fan so, if you have any Ohio connections, pull them out all the way! Good luck.

I called them this morning for a quote and was given the 10%. When I asked why the TRX purchasers were being offered 40% off, he assured me that was NOT true. When I told him I had seen it on that tax board, he backtracked as again ASSURED me that was given to only one person. Now I am between a rock and a hard place. I hate when people lie to me. I did not renew...said I had to check it out further.

I feel like chopped liver. I called ATX they quoted me $1154 with 10% discount. Of course they are kidding. I told them I had ATX since the 1990's and last year I had ATX through TRX. This is the renewal cost. Jake, the saleman, told me to tell him what I could afford and he would take it to his manager if I gave him my credit card today. Sorry, Mama did not raise a dummy. Told him TRX is offering at $299 with business and unlimited e-file. I don't like to haggle give me your best price to start with.

I was also thinking if I go with ATX how much more will the business portion be in the next years when businesses have to file 1099's (that includes me and you). Maybe I can learn a new program over the summer. TRX has free conversions and will help walk you through their program. Maribel is a nice salesperson at TRX.

Got only 3 days to make a decision. How I hate to rush.

I have also being using ATX for many years. I purchased TTO at discount through TRX last year. I contacted TRX to review their own product for comparison and got them to extend the $ 299 special thru 05/31/10. While reviewing their product, I also wanted to get a renewal price for MAX thru ATX since I really did not use the extra features in the TTO product. After 4 phone calls and promises to call me back over a six day period, I finally talked to Troy at ATX. He told me that almost all of the people who purchased TTO thru TRX were "not in their system" and had to be "manually added" in order to get a price quote"-excuse for no one calling be back I guess. Anyway the bottom line was $ 800 total price for MAX which would be good thru 05/31/10. Meanwhile, I have done several returns on TRX 1040 Pro and sat in on a webex for new customers. So far I generally like what I see-yes there is a learning curve, but given a little more time and practice I think the TRX product will work fine. So far the support people have patiently answered my questions and have made suggestions to help with the transition. They assured me they will be able to convert my 2009 ATX files and I should know how that works in a few seeks when hopefully the conversion package will be available. As for now I am stronly leaning toward TRX. I will post more as I work with the software and convert some 2009 files. Meanwhile, I suggest you may want to contact TRX and see if you can get them to extend the time frame for the $ 299 special to 05/31/10. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I'm one that used TRX last year and renewed this year with ATX for the discount. These discounts did not come automatically. We had to call them explain that we love their program but the deal TRX is offerring is almost to good to pass up and then they gave us the offer.

Have any of you called asking for a better deal? I would make mention that TRX is sounding pretty good right now and see if the 10% is the best they can give you.

It's worth a try isn't it?

Deb!

I did....as I posted above. I asked for the same discount that the TRX users from last year were getting and he flat out lied and told me that it was not true that anyone was getting more than the 10% discount. Like I said, I hate when someone lies to me.

Sorry to hear of Booger's depression and how they aren't giving the same break to those who remained loyal last year.

However, I had another success to report. I called and spoke with Troy, and got the 40% discount on Max for 2010. Plus, I mentioned my displeasure at them dropping the asset history function and that I might go purchase asset manager software elsewhere. So he offered me the ATX Asset Manager program also with the 40% discount.

I had been planning on buying the TRX $299 package specifically for the RIA research and fixed asset manager. Now I have to wonder if I want to bother with them at all. Between the TaxBook, the online ATX research (that I can never find anything in, but it's there), and all the wonderful folks here and on some other forums, I just might not need anything else. And I can always renew the CFS online research I'd let lapse, as well.

Catherine

Well, Marilyn, I absolutely don't blame you for being so annoyed. Perhaps, if it's worth it to you, you could call one more time and, if given that song and dance, ask about Troy. Or better yet, as I wrote above, call Troy directly at ext. 1307. If Troy gives that same crap, tell him Margaret in Ohio got the deal as did Joann and Diane so that is 3 people, not one. Troy told me that there were about 800 people that had to be reassigned new id numbers (not customer numbers, that stayed the same) before they could process an order from returning folks. I wonder if the various departments really communicate. It seems hard to understand why the responses are so different but CCH is a big company and we know the tech support doesn't communicate all that well!

Keep us informed and good luck!

Well, Marilyn, I absolutely don't blame you for being so annoyed. Perhaps, if it's worth it to you, you could call one more time and, if given that song and dance, ask about Troy. Or better yet, as I wrote above, call Troy directly at ext. 1307. If Troy gives that same crap, tell him Margaret in Ohio got the deal as did Joann and Diane so that is 3 people, not one. Troy told me that there were about 800 people that had to be reassigned new id numbers (not customer numbers, that stayed the same) before they could process an order from returning folks. I wonder if the various departments really communicate. It seems hard to understand why the responses are so different but CCH is a big company and we know the tech support doesn't communicate all that well!

Make it four -- Catherine in Massachusetts got the deal from Troy, as well. I started by telling him that Margaret had said he was wonderful to deal with, and after that he bent over backwards to be nice to me....

Thanks, Margaret, I will certainly give it a try. Maybe I can also ask him why I never got the $100 referral fee for the client I referred in 2009; who definitely bought the program and stayed with it. I wrote to them once about that and never got a reply. I guess when you try to be honest, you assume that everyone else does too. Thanks again. I really appreciate you and all of the other good people here.

Make it four -- Catherine in Massachusetts got the deal from Troy, as well. I started by telling him that Margaret had said he was wonderful to deal with, and after that he bent over backwards to be nice to me....

Well, I am going to call and ask for a better deal for a "future" former CCH client. I still cannot believe that they can just bend over backwards for "former" clients that had no loyalty to them but can't do something for us loyalists. I'm really feeling that maybe I should develop a listl of people in my situation that would be willing to line up with me to insist that we be reconsidered in this fiasco. Anybody interested?

Bob Hoffman

Just called ATX about renewal. Called the renewal phone number and told them I was a former TRX customer. They switched me to Troy at X1307 - he was terrific. No question about the discount - he automatically did it at 40%. He said he'd be glad to take care of any former TRX customers who want to come back. I didn't have to debate about the amount of the discount. Got MAX for 692.40 plus 69 shipping - total 761.40. They are also offering the 40% on TTO which would have been 1167 with shipping, but I didn't really use all the extras of TTO. YAY. Done.

Wendy F. Katz EA

And, now Troy isn't answering his phone. I left a detailed message so will see if he ever calls me back. Looks like we may have a major fiasco just like last year when ATX found out that TRX was advertising their program at a greatly discounted price. It came to a screeching halt.

And, now Troy isn't answering his phone. I left a detailed message so will see if he ever calls me back. Looks like we may have a major fiasco just like last year when ATX found out that TRX was advertising their program at a greatly discounted price. It came to a screeching halt.

Perhaps he has just gone to lunch or a meeting and that he will get back to you this afternoon. Let's hope!

I have NO faith in what salespeople tell me. I am still waiting on the steak dinner owed by the salesman last year that assured me that "...the 10% early renewall discount will absolutely NOT be extended past May." We all know that it was extended to anyone who asked right up to tax season.

1-800-495-4626 X 5025.

Gill will take care of any returning folks from TRX. ( I have first person proof) I have the same exact deal as Wendy, including the Assett Manager that I complained loudly about.

For those that are hearing "No one is receiving more than 10% discount," just remember who they are working for. (no credibility) Ask them to e-mail me, and I will give them an epiphany!

Here is a line... "Would your company rather have $800+ of my money, or $0 if I choose the TRX alternative already offered to me?"

Another idea... Ask them if they ever shop at more than one supplier for anything they buy? Car, appliance, tax preparer, insurance, etc.

I love the software, but I have great disdain (now there is a classy sounding word) for CCH management be it upper, middle or lower. The salespeople are only telling the bovine scat that management is feeding them.

Were it not for 7 years of using the program and loving the way it works, I would have flushed CCH the day after they acquired ATX and fired all the competent staff.

All of the above goes for my personal business, as well as the 3,000 client firm I work for full time.

In My Not So Humble Opinion!!

Okay, all is well. Called Troy, explained I was a TRX traitor and wanted back in the fold. Renewed with MAX at the discounted rate, paid with my credit card and all is ready for tax season 2010.

By the by, still have not received any phones calls from ATX about renewal nor have I received anything in the mail regarding renewal.

Two super sales people with CCH: Troy at x1307 and Gil Watts at x5025. Both have helped me and made things happen this year. Thanks to both of them.

Maribeth

This is my final post on the subject. There is NO WAY that those of us who did not go with TRX last year are going to get any kind of a deal. In regard to Troy, after talking to him at length, there is nothing that he can do about it and is only there to bring the TRX people into the fold. I will not be a party to jeopardising his job by discussing any part of our conversation. I will proceed as I see fit to either bite the bullet or start searching for different software. He is an extremely nice young man who is simply doing his job.

I purchased the $299 TRX package for next year, and considered also buying the ATX 1040 package to use for most of my individual returns. The learning curve for the new program is indeed steep, and my first few returns have been a slow process. In one instance so far, the amount of tax was different; and the TaxWorks program was correct. I will be amending a 1041 return where the AMT was computed incorrectly. There have been other times when I have had to override the ATX program to get what I knew was the correct result. I had thought about calling Troy to see if he would discount the ATX 1040 package, but I have now decided to work harder to learn the TaxWorks program. I plan to test some of my more complicated individual returns to see if any of them compute differently.