ATX Community

ATX renewal

Joann

I am still on the fence. Why should I have to bargain with them? Do they or don't they want my business? Give me the price, if it is close or good then I will stay with ATX. Yes I did tell them I was TRX, yes I did tell them I was a loyal customer since 1990's, yes I did explain the economics of the bottom line figure, and all I got was 10% discount. Never got any renewal calls from ATX. What really pis*&** me off, is I have 2 locations and need 2 tax programs. The locations are too far away for one license. It seems like double or nothing. I may call them again but I am not sure.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone considered the apparent price increase this year? If you're getting MAX with a 40% discount for $692.40 then the price without the discount is $1,154 and TTO at $1,167 with 40% off would make the regular price $1,945. How does that compare to last year's price? I notice that they have removed all pricing information from their web site, with one exception they say "Affordable 1040 packages starting at $480..." I believe that last year that 1040 package was $410. I wonder if the rest of the packages have increased by 17%+.

Has anyone considered the apparent price increase this year? If you're getting MAX with a 40% discount for $692.40 then the price without the discount is $1,154 and TTO at $1,167 with 40% off would make the regular price $1,945. How does that compare to last year's price? I notice that they have removed all pricing information from their web site, with one exception they say "Affordable 1040 packages starting at $480..." I believe that last year that 1040 package was $410. I wonder if the rest of the packages have increased by 17%+.

Max has increased about $40 after the 10%.

I called this morning to check on the 40% for loyal users and was told that it could not be done. And that the 10% will end for sure on the 31st of May and it will not be extended this year. I was also told that the people getting the 40% are being placed with a service bureau and will have to get support from them and their RAL fees will go to the service bureau????? Was told that it is better to be a stand alone and not in the service bureau??? I think there might be a duck in here some where.. sounds like, walks like..

I called this morning to check on the 40% for loyal users and was told that it could not be done. And that the 10% will end for sure on the 31st of May and it will not be extended this year. I was also told that the people getting the 40% are being placed with a service bureau and will have to get support from them and their RAL fees will go to the service bureau????? Was told that it is better to be a stand alone and not in the service bureau??? I think there might be a duck in here some where.. sounds like, walks like..

Sorry. I thought I was done being upset with these guys but I am not. What stones to suggest that some will get different treatment than others. This really is a wierd way to deal with people.

Bob

After evaluating the software, I decided to go ahead and make the switch to TRX (Taxworks). It was a difficult decision since I have been using ATX since the early '90s and can handle it with my eyes closed. But the people at TRX have been very nice and helpful. The "learning curve" is not as bad as it first looks and after playing with it you start to feel comfortable with it.

Isn't that exactly opposite of what happened last year? Weren't the TRX orders for ATX actually shipped and supported by CCH?

(As a TRX TaxWise customer I could log into the CCH TaxWise support site to download federal updates or new states. I could also track errant e-files thru the CCH site. My understanding was that only human contact had to be done thru TRX.)

Isn't that exactly opposite of what happened last year? Weren't the TRX orders for ATX actually shipped and supported by CCH?

(As a TRX TaxWise customer I could log into the CCH TaxWise support site to download federal updates or new states. I could also track errant e-files thru the CCH site. My understanding was that only human contact had to be done thru TRX.)

2009 tax season I/we purchased from TRX. We received the product and all support directly from CCH. I/we have been offered the "return to the fold" discount. No mention of anyone other than CCH being the company I/we will deal with.

As I have stated before, the ability of CCH to properly communicate with their sales and support staff is severly lacking. The result... Salespeople with many different sets of numbers and policies.

Again, I love the ATX software. CCH ranks just above a yellow jacket sting in my list of likes.

I purchased ATX thru TRX last year. Just renewed thru ATX for 2010 the other day. With the 40% discount. Today, I get a package with the 2009 software, manual, and a request for my EFIN number. Also, with a different Client ID number. Had to call them to make sure that when I renewed that they actually renewed for 2010 and not thought I was purchasing for 2009. I was assured that I had purchased 2010, but she had no explanation for why I was sent the 2009 software. I explained that I've used ATX for years, they have my EFIN number and I wanted to know why my Client ID number had changed. Also, I did not want to have to redo the MyATX Page. Has anyone else who did the same thing received the 2009 software package? Griselda (the person I talked to) said she will double check and call me back.

Diane

Diane, I received the 2009 software and a changed ID number too. I wondered about it, but I did not have time to be on hold to question it today. I will try tomorrow, but if others find out anything, please post it here.

Joann

I'm waiting for a call back. I'll let you know what they say.

Diane

I received the same thing and called Troy. He is going to check it out and let me know - he said that my name brings up both the new & old client #s and the old one has all the EFIN & contact info. He was surprised that the client # changed - except that he said these are being treated as "new" customers. Also asked him about the service bureau support and he said that was not the case. We are being brought on board as new customers with no difference in benefits or service.

Wendy

I received the same thing and called Troy. He is going to check it out and let me know - he said that my name brings up both the new & old client #s and the old one has all the EFIN & contact info. He was surprised that the client # changed - except that he said these are being treated as "new" customers. Also asked him about the service bureau support and he said that was not the case. We are being brought on board as new customers with no difference in benefits or service.

Wendy

I was also told by Troy that he would investigate and get back to me. Apparently there is quite a to-do going on over there with all of us calling with the same issues.

I was also told by Troy that he would investigate and get back to me. Apparently there is quite a to-do going on over there with all of us calling with the same issues.

Have any of you had a reply today? I didn't call in because I didn't want to bother

Troy with the same questions others had.

Joann

I was told that the salespeople don't have an answer because management (????) doesn't know why it is doing that, or what the policy will be.

CCH management... Some things never change!!scratch_head.gif

Just in case... Start looking up your EFIN letter, or get one from e-services. If we all get new account IDs we will all have to submit those again.

Get ready to setup all of our "My ATX" sites again as well.

However, I had another success to report. I called and spoke with Troy, and got the 40% discount on Max for 2010. Plus, I mentioned my displeasure at them dropping the asset history function and that I might go purchase asset manager software elsewhere. So he offered me the ATX Asset Manager program also with the 40% discount.

Catherine

How much is the ATX asset manager after the 40% discount?

How much is the ATX asset manager after the 40% discount?

$395 regular price, $158 discount, so $237 was the post-discount price. And I was told that the renewal is 50% off the first-purchase price - so that should be $197.50 next year. Still paying for what -used- to be included, which is annoying. The claim was that there were too many complaints about it causing slow-downs and problems in the tax program, so they split it out.

How would anyone EVER figure a slow tax program was caused by the asset manager?

What-EVER.

$395 regular price, $158 discount, so $237 was the post-discount price. And I was told that the renewal is 50% off the first-purchase price - so that should be $197.50 next year. Still paying for what -used- to be included, which is annoying. The claim was that there were too many complaints about it causing slow-downs and problems in the tax program, so they split it out.

How would anyone EVER figure a slow tax program was caused by the asset manager?

What-EVER.

Hmmmmm . . . . . . . I purchased the FAM for $370 in January 2010. I have subsequently been told that the nenewal price, in January 2011, would be half of the original price or $185. In less than 5 months, the price has gone up to $395, which is a 6.7% increase. That's quite a jump for an economy that is in stagnation.

Maribeth