ATX Community

Today HAS to be better than yesterday!

Cat in OH

Even tho' I still have some extensions to print/mail, a personal return (complete with Sched C business) to do and 4 returns to deliver, I have convinced myself that today won't be so bad.

Just because the normal next to last day wasn't hectic enough, the weather was miserable yesterday, including winds up to 45 mph. Among the trees that went down was one about a block away. It landed on a pickup truck, blocking the road from the neighborhood, killing the driver and taking out the power in our whole neighborhood for more than 4 hours. I did use the time to sort papers and staple printed returns, but I didn't have all that many done. Couldn't use the time to deliver the returns sitting in the out basket, so I dug out our camp stove and reheated some leftover soup. Had a romantic candle dinner for one (retired hubby goes south to play golf--and stay out of my way--the last week of tax season).

Once the power came back on, I got back to work and, of course, lost track of time. Finally went to bed about 2 hours later than planned. Then the fun part: at 2am one of my usually sweet cocker spaniels decided to throw up next to the bed (at least she wasn't in it!!).

Well, today's another day. Tomorrow the dogs, the cat and I can sleep in!!

Even tho' I still have some extensions to print/mail, a personal return (complete with Sched C business) to do and 4 returns to deliver, I have convinced myself that today won't be so bad.

Just because the normal next to last day wasn't hectic enough, the weather was miserable yesterday, including winds up to 45 mph. Among the trees that went down was one about a block away. It landed on a pickup truck, blocking the road from the neighborhood, killing the driver and taking out the power in our whole neighborhood for more than 4 hours. I did use the time to sort papers and staple printed returns, but I didn't have all that many done. Couldn't use the time to deliver the returns sitting in the out basket, so I dug out our camp stove and reheated some leftover soup. Had a romantic candle dinner for one (retired hubby goes south to play golf--and stay out of my way--the last week of tax season).

Once the power came back on, I got back to work and, of course, lost track of time. Finally went to bed about 2 hours later than planned. Then the fun part: at 2am one of my usually sweet cocker spaniels decided to throw up next to the bed (at least she wasn't in it!!).

Well, today's another day. Tomorrow the dogs, the cat and I can sleep in!!

Cat,

I agree that today should be much better. Yesterday, the 4th client I saw, was a home heath nurse. She worked for the same company that the 2 nurses that took care of me while I was ill last year did. They were two of the nicest people I dealt with during that time. I asked if she knew them and she said yes. Then she dropped a bombshell. One of them was killed in a car accident last year. I practically dropped the stapler I had in my hand. So I know today has to be much much better!!

Eli

Cat....I can relate. We had that kind of weather on Christmas Eve and almost had to cancel Christmas. Ours was ice, no power, no heat for 38 hours. Of course, what is more important, Christmas or Taxes? We had a gorgeous day here, had to go out with the excuse that I was running errands. Picked up some "forever" stamps and deposited some checks and bought FOOD.

Cat....I can relate. We had that kind of weather on Christmas Eve and almost had to cancel Christmas. Ours was ice, no power, no heat for 38 hours. Of course, what is more important, Christmas or Taxes? We had a gorgeous day here, had to go out with the excuse that I was running errands. Picked up some "forever" stamps and deposited some checks and bought FOOD.

The "forever" stamps are 41 cents, right? So we shouldn't use them till May 14 or we'll be paying 2 cents too much. At least that is the way I understand it.