ATX Community

NT which way does you toilet and paper towels roll

bstaxes

I didn't have an opinion on this subject until I enlisted In the US Air Force back when I was younger. I learned this very important fact in basic training - when the toilet paper roll is hanging horizontally, it clearly MUST dispense over the top. Otherwise, it would not be possible to fold the next sheet diagonally bottom-left to top-right when you finish, thus forming a smart salute (just in case the next person to use the facilities outranks you).

• Like 1

Looks like we're all engaged in off-season weekend nonsense. Apparently nobody has an opinion about the paper towels. I certainly don't because the Air Force didn't train me in that matter.

Incidentally, I know the "saluting" toilet paper sounds like something from " No Time for Sergeants" with Andy Griffith, but I swear it's true. It was one of the first things they told us in basic training 35 years ago. I still remember the drill instructor making the point, since basic training is all about paying extreme attention to detail even in simple matters. Does anyone else who served in the military remember anything like this, or was it just my drill sergeant? (whose name I still remember to this day)

Sometimes the direction also depends on logistics -- there was one apartment I lived in years ago where the only way it worked was to roll under. There was some sort of "roof" over where the paper lived that prevented one from getting at it unless it was under.

And in this house, one of our paper towel dispensers downstairs rolls under because it's a snap-in, and if the towels roll over the top, then the whole roll gets knocked out when one piece is torn off.

---> Wow! This is the best tip I have gotten on this forum! I plan to try it in the guest bath and powder room this Christmas get together. <---

But Jack, isn't it going to get tedious trying to keep an eye on the bathrooms and running back in there to fix the roll every time somebody finishes?

---> Wow! This is the best tip I have gotten on this forum! I plan to try it in the guest bath and powder room this Christmas get together. <---

But Jack, isn't it going to get tedious trying to keep an eye on the bathrooms and running back in there to fix the roll every time somebody finishes?

Nothing else to do at this time of the year! Its not like anyone needs me for anything. :)