ATX Community

To Medlin Accounting

Booger

Send an email directly and we will reply. I prefer not answering specific support questions on a board hosted by someone else...

This sounds like me. My job is computer support and when I don't know the answer or if the answer will embarras me, I use something like: "Email me directly and I will reply. I prefer not answering specific support questions on the landlord's hall or elevator".

This sounds like me. My job is computer support and when I don't know the answer or if the answer will embarras me, I use something like: "Email me directly and I will reply. I prefer not answering specific support questions on the landlord's hall or elevator".

Well, it can also save somebody the embarrassment of "your charge card was declined" or "your download email bounced - did you change addresses?"

Just sayin'.....

"Booger" is just not specific enough contact information to search for...

Seriously though, I read and participate in several groups, NONE of which are in a "sales" or "support" mode. Some are private groups, controlled by what might be considered my competitors. I do not hide my identity and I respect the privilege of participation by not trying to take away someone's customer. I also don't always read each board often enough to reply as fast as through direct contact.

Nothing embarrassing to report if the OP is who I think.

Well, it can also save somebody the embarrassment of "your charge card was declined" of "your download email bounced - did you change addresses?"

Just sayin'.....

I like when your representative is as smart as Catherine. Very valid and logic points.

Can we get a discount on your software Medlin? I heard good things about your payroll software and I will visit your site soon.

Pacun,

This response is totally wrong about Phil Medlin. He has been very gracious in giving answers on this board to many of us. I completely understand why he would ask to be e-mailed directly on a board he does not support. While "Booger" may be OK with having his account information put on this board, I would think it is unproffesional of Medlin to oblige him.

And then after "dissing" him on this board, you have the gall to ask for a discount?

Wow!

You should appologize to one of the very good people in the industry who is on our board. He is a wealth of knowledge and has always shared freely with this community. Medlin accounting is a company that ATX could learn about customer support from.

I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying.....

Tom

Lodi, CA

Pacun,

This response is totally wrong about Phil Medlin. He has been very gracious in giving answers on this board to many of us. I completely understand why he would ask to be e-mailed directly on a board he does not support. While "Booger" may be OK with having his account information put on this board, I would think it is unproffesional of Medlin to oblige him.

And then after "dissing" him on this board, you have the gall to ask for a discount?

Wow!

You should appologize to one of the very good people in the industry who is on our board. He is a wealth of knowledge and has always shared freely with this community. Medlin accounting is a company that ATX could learn about customer support from.

I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying.....

Tom

Lodi, CA

All I asked for was an update regarding when we can expect to receive the 2011 software. I ASSUMED that there were others on this board that were

waiting for the software as well. Where did I put my account info on this board, Tom?

Booger

All I asked for was an update regarding when we can expect to receive the 2011 software. I ASSUMED that there were others on this board that were

waiting for the software as well. Where did I put my account info on this board, Tom?

Booger

The 2011 program is available, and has been for a while - it's on their website for downloading if you chose the download option. Otherwise you'll have to wait for the CD. I paid my renewal fee ($55) and was able to download the 2011 within minutes.

Lynn Jacobs, EA, FNTPI, NP

Kenner, LA

I received my CD today. This is one of the most personable, helpful and accommodating companies that I have ever dealt with. I would never even consider asking for a discount for a product that is so fairly priced to begin with. I fully support the statements made by Bulldog Tom.

Tom was a bit harsh, but I agree with him completely. Medlin Accounting is a valued member on this board. He always jumps in with advice that falls into his specialty. He has an excellent product, gives good service, and the price is below what would be reasonable. You would not be able to buy equal software for anywhere near what you pay for his software.

I still say I get much more from reading than writing...

For those that are following, most, if not all, disks should have been received by now. There can be exceptions as several states do not release their calculations until they see what the IRS is going to do, which can delay those states. For those with slower mail service, or "Newman" as their postal carrier, the IRS left all employers an "out" (and themselves, as far as preparing and mailing 2011 Pub 15) by officially allowing the 2010 rates to be used for January 2011 (refer to Notice 1036).

For me, the next big thing is waiting for the IRS to catch up on tax return form releases so they can (probably) begin work on a 2011 941... and UI is a mess.

I've been reading the posts regarding Medlin and was wondering if there are those of you who use the Medlin General Ledger module? I'd be interested in any comments on the program.

I looked at their website and the price for G/L is incredibly low yet seems to offer a lot of features.

I'd like to be able to adapt it for a non-profit entity if possible.

Thanks for the input.

Dave T

Tom was a bit harsh, but I agree with him completely.

Was I? Sorry if I violated a code of conduct, but it sounded like Pacun was pretty tough on Medlin. Perhaps I was a little vigorous in my defense of someone I respect. Not that Medlin needs my respect, but I tend to stand up for those who I feel are being unfairly treated.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I "heard" I was working on a new program where our GL, AP, AR, Budget, and Labeling functions will be in one program. If I heard myself correctly, the progress has been halted for a by the recent political whimsy, but I hear I am hoping to have something ready for testing in a few months.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I "heard" I was working on a new program where our GL, AP, AR, Budget, and Labeling functions will be in one program. If I heard myself correctly, the progress has been halted for a by the recent political whimsy, but I hear I am hoping to have something ready for testing in a few months.

Shhhh, I never "heard" you say that. Way to go!!!!!!!!

LOL

Sounds great. As for discounts, the Medlin software is so reasonably priced, no one should have a need for a discount, IMHO.

Asking is not a problem, but in my mind, to offer someone else a discount means we have to charge someone else more. I sleep better knowing the price is the same for all, not priced higher to be able to offer "discounts", not priced so low I want to look for other work, although the first and second business day of every January I do give other lines of work a passing thought.

From time to tome I do point out the comparison to $5 per month cost for software versus the income a caller is generating with said software, but most of the time I suspect those using it for a payroll service wold rather not bring up the price <smile>.