ATX Community

State of Ohio Acks

Jack from Ohio

I was told by Karen Fiske, E-File administrator and head honche for Ohio, that there would be and are separate acknowledgments for the School District returns for 2010. Has anyone been able to access them or know where to find them? I have several returns with Accepted from Ohio, but cannot find any source of the School District acks.

I was also told by Karen, that part year and non-resident School District returns can also be e-filed correctly this year, but only one per return. Has anyone filed such returns?

I don't want to call customer no-service for this, and I can't access the online tech chat.

I am appealing to all the wise and experienced folks on here for information.

Any information will be glady accepted.

I certainly didn't know about this but my clients with School District tax haven't arrived yet. I did check on the Ohio tax website and read where SD returns could be filed separately. I did not find anything about a separate acceptance if filed at the same time as the state return. It may be possible that, if filed together, the acceptance means for both, but it surely isn't clear! Guess we had best get to the bottom of this soon. I will make some efforts and report back.

I certainly didn't know about this but my clients with School District tax haven't arrived yet. I did check on the Ohio tax website and read where SD returns could be filed separately. I did not find anything about a separate acceptance if filed at the same time as the state return. It may be possible that, if filed together, the acceptance means for both, but it surely isn't clear! Guess we had best get to the bottom of this soon. I will make some efforts and report back.

I have filed several School District returns, including one part-year resident. I assumed that they were accepted when the Ohio was accepted....I was not aware that there would be seperate ACKs.....I do not see how there could be since ATX does not brewak apart the Ohio and the School return.

Jack, I have to agree with Janitor Bob on this issue. IF the school district return had to have its own acknowledgement, then we would see

a third box to check when we efile. We use Drake and ATX in my office, and Drake doesn't have a separate ack for the school district either.

I believe Karen doesn't know what she's talking about. After all, she works for the state.

Booger