ATX Community

Wisconsin Form RA

TKTax

I am thinking of using the Wisconsin website to transfer required attachments with the Form RA. It says to send W-2's with the Form RA and Form OS that I am sending. Wouldn't they already have the Forms W-2 with the Wisconsin e-file? Wonder if we have to scan the actual W-2, or is the ATX input good enough?

• 2 weeks later...

I have not used the WI website to e-file for years. However, when e-filing through ATX, WI does not require me to send in anything other than a very limited number of copies of property taxes, rent receipts and such. The W2 and the OS are part of the ATX e-file. Wish I could help you, but have never heard of this before.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard of creating a file with the rent certificate, property tax, etc for attachments to W-RA; I have never used it - seemed easier to me to just mail them in once the return is accepted.

But, if you are e-filing WI, it has to be incorporated into the return. A few years ago, we couldn't e-file for the Homestead credit. Now we can, however, as soon as the return is accepted, we have to mail the W-RA to Madison along with a copy of the property tax or rent receipt to verify that they actually had the expense. Remember, the property tax does not have to have been actually paid in order to qualify for Homestead Cr.

I have been using this file transfer option of the Wisconsin Form RA. It has saved me postage and paper. It works pretty nice once you get the hang of it. i like the confirmation that it has been transferred. This is the website:

http://www.dor.state.wi.us/eserv/w-ra.html

I have been using this file transfer option of the Wisconsin Form RA. It has saved me postage and paper. It works pretty nice once you get the hang of it. i like the confirmation that it has been transferred. This is the website:

http://www.dor.state.wi.us/eserv/w-ra.html

That is really neat, but how do you incorporate a copy of the tax bill into the PDF?